Chapter-20

Chapter-20

Anabelle Piccolo's POV

"What happened?" Lucas asks coolly like nothing happened. He holds my hand.

"What happ-What happened?! I can't believe this!" She yells. He keeps a straight face. "Why am I surprised though?! With your temperament, I knew this would happen, Devil!" She yells. "Mom is so angry. I don't think she is going to tell Dad though." She sighs. I breathe a breath if relief and look at Lucas. He is reassuring me that it's okay. I smile.

"We just kissed, Gemma." He responds calmly.

"And look how it blew. You didn't just kiss my sister Duke," she continues but her last words strike me. I feel happiness bloom in me. She called me her sister. I have waited for so long. Tears nearly threaten to come out, but I control myself. "You confessed your love for her in front of the wrong person without caring whether she will spread the news or not. You are crossing all rules, I see."

"I don't care, Gemma. She is mine and I don't care who knows or not." He speaks to her like I am not here and like I am not here. He talks like the whole world doesn't matter. I hear her sigh.

"Fine. But, be careful." There is a pause before she speaks. "Finally now you wouldn't keep asking me about her." I frown. What does she mean? My eyes find Lucas's who shifts in his seat and looks away. "Are you two love birds speaking yet?" We both smile and I blush. He chuckles at me.

"Oh we do." He replies. "We do more than-" He is about to say something naughty.

"Lala-lalala-lalala-lala-lala-lalala-lalala-" We both smile. "Stop talking you brute!" She yells. "Anyway, take care of my sister, okay?" She tells him and the concern in her voice is clear. The tears that I controlled a minutes ago, now escape my eyes and fall down my cheek. She cares for me. If there is anything that I wanted like I want Lucas is my sister. I admired her since childhood.

Lucas kisses my hand. I wipe them away and give him a smile. They are tears of happiness. I knew that she always cared for me, but hearing her say those words makes my heart flutter.

"I am happy she has you. She won't have to fight this alone." Her voice is calm. "So don't be the possessive jerk and scare her away!" She yells at the end. He chuckles.

"I am not possessive, Gemma." He defends himself. I give him a look and he shrugs.

"Yeah, yeah and just like you didn't have a crush on her since you first saw her." She says casually and my eyes widen. I try not to show, but it's hard. He turns his face the other way.

"You are annoying. Bye!"

"By-"

He cuts the call before she can say anything and I bite my lip.

Lucas had a crush on me?

I don't think, I can get more happy than this. I don't want to embarrass him anymore so I don't bring it up. Just the information is enough to make me happy.

"This is why I should be there." He whispers to himself. "You are killing me." He groans as he parks the car. We have arrived at the venue. "How about we go back and find some pants?" He asks and I gasp. We have reached the wedding venue and we are in the parking outside in the car. We stopped for a little shopping in the middle where the saleswoman rushed Lucas out as he isn't satisfied with any dresses. Whatever I wear, if there is any skin showing, he doesn't like it. I requested him to wait outside and he sighed before he left.

"This is a perfectly normal dress. It's just sleeveless." It has spaghetti straps and looks classy. The light purple color accentuates it's elegance. I move and give him a kiss. I am surprised at my courage. He looks at me.