Chapter-14

Chapter-14

Lucas Alberto's POV

Looking again my phone I sigh in frustration. She has not been replying to my messages. Worry keeps growing in my heart. I will be home in a few minutes. Soon, the Piccolo's and Marcus will be arriving here to finalize the ideas and which one to go with.

These two weeks away from her have passed by so slow. I remember talking to her before leaving. I have to. Something in me just said... Speak. Then she replied. Fuck! I didn't want to leave. I wanted to stay and take her out and officially declare our relationship, but I had to leave. I am not going to waste another second once this meeting is over. I am going to ask her out.

But I don't understand why she isn't responding. Is she okay? Is everything alright?

Oh Angel! Just a few more minutes and let's break all the silence.

My phone rings and I quickly see if it's her, but it's Marcus. I trust him with his decisions. He has always provided us with good financial development strategies, but lately, I am not liking him that much. I don't like how he is getting close to her. He doesn't have to make her laugh. He is clearly trying to get close to her and she is too innocent to notice a guy making a move on her. I don't think she even knows how to know when a guy is interested. She has been too guarded and been in that palace forever.

I don't lift his call as I have reached home. Instead I send him a message to see him in an hour. Once I go inside, Mom and Dad are in the living room talking.

"Bueno Serata, Mamma. Papa."

"He is here." Mamma says as I go and hug her. "I missed you."

"Me too."

"How did the deal go?" Papa asks.

"Honey, he just came. Let him freshen up at least." Mamma protests for me.

"It went well. I have sent you the mail regarding that. I will go and freshen up. They will be here any minute." I say going up to my room.

"He is working very hard. He should go on a vacation." I hear Mamma say.

Once I am in my room, I check my phone again like a teenager in love and sigh. Still no message from her.

Angel, talk to me. Are you coming tonight?

I wait for a few minutes. No reply. Frustrated I decided to take a bath and go down soon.

"Bueno Serata, Mr. Piccolo." I shake his hand as I greet him.

"Bueno Serata. I heard that the Paris deal went well. Congratulations."

"Thank you."

I give Mrs. Piccolo a nod and look around. I don't see her. She didn't come?

Suddenly I feel someone link their arm with mine. I look beside to find Gemma.

"Looking for her?" She asks.

"Is everything alright?" I have to know. She looks surprised.

"What do you mean?"

"Is everything alright with her?"

"Are you kidding me? She has been the most happiest these two weeks for some reason. Maybe it's the moving out." She seems to be thinking about something. "Good for her. But for some reason, she didn't seem to look that well yesterday."

Yesterday? She has not been responding to my texts since yesterday evening. Did something happen?

"There she is." I hear Gemma say.