Chapter-23

Chapter-23

Annabelle Piccolo's POV

"What happened, Papa?" My heart is beating so fast that I can hear it in my ears. Tension fills my nerves. I feel like tears might threaten to leave my eyes any minute now. Lucas's hand on mine calms me down.

"There are some pictures of Lucas and you that have been sent to me. They are not being published, I got it under control. But I need to know what happened." That's when I remember. In the past there was some dirty articles written about Mama and me. Once Mama died they wrote some bad stuff about me. Papa made sure that I never got to read them, but once I got on hands on one article and it really affected me. Since then he made sure no news came out about me, at least not in that way and if they are going to publish anything official about me, it was ran through Papa first.

My eyes meet Lucas's, who looks very cool. He meets my worry eyes and gives me an assuring nod before kissing my temple.

Together.

I know, but I don't want to hurt Papa.

"Bell, dear, what happened? Are you fine?" His voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Yes, Papa." I pause and start speaking. "I went out with my colleagues last night and we met Lucas there." I look at Lucas and he nods telling me to continue. "I got very tipsy and since Lucas was there, he helped me get home." That last past is a lie and I close my eyes. I can't believe I am lying to him. I am sorry, Papa!

"How are you feeling now?" His voice comes out with worry.

"I am fine now, Papa. It was my first time drinking and I got a bit out of control. That's it. You don't have to worry." I try to assure him. There is a pause before he speaks.

"I guess my little Bell is growing up and I have to live with that now." I smile at his words. "I want you to have fun. I want you to have friends. I know that now you will start being more careful and I don't want you to do that." I frown. What? Lucas just has a knowing smile on his face. "You have always been a well behaved one. I want you to live life without worry. Don't stop having fun because of this."

"Papa-"

"I will not stop worrying. But I want you to break some rules too. I want you to live how you always wanted. That's what your mother would have wanted for you, my Bell." Tears prick my eyes. "I would do anything for you if it means you will be happy. I want you happy."

"Papa." A sob chokes me and Lucas wiped the tears away from my face. I look at Lucas as he holds me close by my waist.

I want to tell, Papa. I bite my lip as I telepathy him and he nods his head.

"I want to tell you something, Papa." I can't lie to him anymore. I know I have been waiting for his health, but I can't keep hiding this anymore. I have to trust him. Then I remember the pills and look at Lucas. He is there supporting me every day through everything and standing by my side protecting me. I can't introduce my boyfriend to my father like this. He deserves more. He is the man I wanted.

"Anything." His voice is a promise.

"Are you free for dinner tomorrow?" I ask.

"Of course, Bell." I knew his answer. My eyes meet Lucas asking him.

Are you free? I ask with my eyes and he nods. His lips press against my forehead.

"I will make a reservation for us." Papa offers.

"Sure. I am bringing my boyfriend too. I want you to meet him." I need him to meet him. Once I tell him, I can love Lucas as much as I want without any thoughts.