Confusion

"Did anybody tell him?" I whisper to Rina and she shrugs. I sigh out loud, avoiding eye contact at all costs.
"Just tell me, I'm not working for him." I tell her, because knowing my luck, I probably do. She smiles at me and I roll my eyes.

"Excuse me?" We hear an unfamiliar voice interrupt us, making me look up into an unfamiliar guy's face. He smiles down at me warmly, making me smile as well. I don't know who that guy is, but he's making me feel comfortable around him.

"Mister Haynes would like to see you in his office. This instant." He says and I look at Rina in confusion. Who is Mister Haynes?

"Please follow me." The guy continues and turns around. I follow him after giving Rina an annoyed look, because she shot me a knowing smirk. I just rolled my eyes and kept following this stranger. He was probably around thirty and I'm pretty sure he works for this Mister Haynes.

"Here you go. Knock three times and wait for him to tell you to come in." The man says and I nod after stopping in front of an office door. I guess here goes nothing. I knock three times and wait for him to tell me to come in. I do as I'm told and open the door.

"You wanted to speak to me?" I gulp, when he looks up from his papers. Oh, he's the hottie that glared at me from across the room. Great. He nods and stands up, while closing his suit jacket. Hot move, might I add. He motions for me to sit on one of the seats in front of him and I nod and sit down.

"Do you know why you're here?" He asks and I nod, surprising him. What? I can recognize it when I did mistakes. I watch him waiting for me to continue and I shrug, looking away from him. Did it get hot in here? Too much eye contact with this guy makes me feel drowsy. Which is funny, since I have a boyfriend and shouldn't feel that way. But then again, James is an asshole.

"Well, I'm sorry for coming in late today. It's my first day working after Mister Montgomery's death and I forgot about the traffic, so I left my house a little later than I should have." I excuse. I hope he's acknowledging the fact that I'm still sad about what happened and lets me go.

"Anything else?" He asks, making me look up at him. He raised a bushy eyebrow and I quickly shake my head, no. What else should there be? He looks me up and down with a skeptical look, making me feel self conscious under his gaze. He nods and sucks on his teeth, making me close my knees from the sensation he just caused. Damn it, he's fucking hot.

"Very well then. This is my business phone number. I know you had some sort of close relationship with your previous boss, but I like to separate business and private life. So you are only to call me on this number and if I need anything more, I will let you know." He says and dismisses me with his hand after sitting down and going back to his paper work.

I nod and stand up, taking the card he handed me. When my hand is on the handle, I hear him call my name and turn around.
"You will work from seven until five, since that's when I work. Makes sense, doesn't it, Miss Hampshire?" He asks, looking at me and I force a smile and a nod.
"Leave now." He says rudely and I quickly get out of his office. I take a huge breath and walk towards my desk, right next to his office. I can't believe I'm working for a douche bag. He doesn't seem older than twenty five, making me wonder how the heck he got this job.

But I do know one thing, the adjustment from Mister Montgomery to Mister Haynes is going to be hard.