An old friend

I don't remember falling asleep in the plane, but when I wake up the next day, I'm laying in a hotel room bed. I frown, wondering how I got here. I just hope I somehow forgot that I fell asleep here. I still feel jet legged, so I groan and look at the clock on my phone.

It's almost noon and my eyes widen. Did I oversleep? Where is Mister Haynes? I sit up on the bed and take a look around in the room, or should I say suit? This is a freaking suit. I mean it wouldn't be a surprise if Mister Haynes got himself a suit, but for me too? That's surprising.

I frown when I hear a noise behind the door next to me. I didn't even realize there was a door. But before I could investigate, the door opens and my eyes widen at the sight, before I quickly look away. THAT BODY.

"Good morning, Miss Hampshire." I can practically hear the smirk in his voice. Oh god.
"Uh, good morning, sir. I didn't know you were in here." I say, feeling my cheeks to see if they are warm, before realizing I must look like a panda. I haven't removed my make up. I feel my sticky eye lashes.

"Well, I normally shower when I wake up. I was hoping you'd still be asleep to avoid this situation. But guess luck wasn't on my side, huh?" He sounds so much more peaceful, then he did in the previous conversations we have had before. I dare to look at him, sighing at his muscular back. Thank god he isn't facing me.

I didn't know what to do when he just came out with a towel wrapped around his waist. I'm just happy I didn't ogle him too much.
"I guess." I say when he turns back around.

He sits down on the bed and I start to panic. He shakes his head at my reaction.
"Relax, I'm just putting my socks on." He says and I nod, but stand up to go into the bathroom. I need a shower too.

+++

"Cole Haynes. I heard you were going to come, but didn't believe it." We hear someone say from behind us. I turn around after Mister Haynes and look at the familiar face. No way! He glances at me, before looking at the guy next to me again. After a second he looks at me again, his eyes widen, before he grins widely and hugs me.

"Oh my god, Fred." I hug him tight, making him chuckle. I haven't seen him in ages.
"Mia. I missed you." He says and we let go of each other.

"How have you been? You look great, give me a spin." He says and I giggle and spin for him. He looks at me in positive disbelief. Mister Haynes clears his throat from next to me, ruining the moment.

"Frederick Johnson. Who would've known we'll meet again." He says and Fred laughs and pulls him into a bro hug. I raise my eyebrows at the unfamiliar scene. I think I've never seen Mister Haynes do a bro hug. Not even with James.

"It's been a while. I know." He laughs. I take my time, admiring him. Damn he looks good. I mean he used to be one of the most popular guys in school. Wait, did he say Cole Haynes? I look at my boss and my eyes widen in recognition. NO WAY! How did I not see that before?

"Well, see you around." He tells Cole and winks at me.
"We're gonna have to catch up soon. Call me." He gives me his card and I roll my eyes. Still a flirt. I turn to Mister Haynes, feeling even weirder to call him Mister or sir. He raises an eyebrow.

"Do I have something on my face?" He asks and I glare at him, making him blink.
"Why didn't you tell me who you were?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest. He studies me for a second, before rolling his eyes and pulling my further away from the crowded hall into an empty hallway.

"You wanna tell me you didn't know who I was, until now?" He asks, perplexed. I study his face again. He's right, how did I not recognize him? The dark hair, that face, those dark green eyes. All that's changed is his beard and the haircut.

"I mean, yeah." I say, looking away annoyed. He sighs and steps closer to me.
"I'm still your boss. You're my employee. Our history has nothing to do with this. Is that clear?" He asks and I nod, still mad at him. Although it's not really his fault that I didn't recognize him.

"You alright?" I hear him ask and nod.
"As alright as I can be. I mean I just found out that I had a one night stand with my boss. Sorry for my weird behaviour." I say, rolling my eyes. He shakes his head.

"Whatever, come on. I want you to meet someone." He says and I follow him back into the packed room. This charity event is something else.

"Miss Fernando, meet my secretary Miss Hampshire." He places his hand on the small of my back. The elder woman smiles kindly at me and offers me her hand. I shake it, offering her a smile, despite my bad mood.

"I'll have to talk to a business partner, stay here." Cole whispers in my ear. Should I say Cole now? It's so weird. I'm so confused. He says a quick bye to Miss Fernando and leaves us alone.

"So how long have you been working for Mister Haynes?" She asks me, sipping on her drink.
"Not that long actually. Only two weeks." I answer and she nods.

"You must feel really lucky to have him as your boss." She says, making me frown. Why?
"How am I supposed to understand that?" I ask her and she smiles.

"I mean when he called and said he wanted me to meet you, I was surprised to hear that you were his secretary and not his sister or something." She shrugs.
"Wait, he called you about me?" I ask.

"Oh, I totally forgot, I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself properly. My name is Stella Fernando. I work as a therapist and own the self - help center, that this charity event is held for. Mister Haynes called me early yesterday morning and said he would bring you with him on this trip. He is a very kind and charming person." She tells me.

Oh, this was just the cherry on top.