Uncertainty

I wake up the next morning to my ringing alarm clock. I quickly stand up and take a quick shower. I was about to sigh and put make up on, when I realized I don't have to.

I didn't realize how amazing it feels to walk around with minimal make up. I smile, thanking god that I still haven't heard a word from James.

"Morning." I say to Frederick and make myself a bowl of muesli. I mean now that I got the time. He raises an eyebrow at me while reading the papers.

"What's got you all happy this morning. I remember you being a grumpy morning person." He says and I laugh. I guess I was in high school.

"Yeah, well people change. And do I have to have a reason to smile?" I ask him and he thinks about it for a second before shrugging.

"What are your plans for today?" I ask, sitting down in front of him and eating my breakfast.
"I need to visit Cole, so we can discuss some business." He says, taking a sip of his coffee.

"Oh, what business?" I ask, knowing I maybe shouldn't.
"Property and stuff." He says and I nod. Well that's boring.
"Get dressed then. I'll take you with me." I order and he nods and stands up.

Together we drive to work, passing the receptionist and riding the elevator up to the boss area. I smile at Rina when I pass her desk. She gives me the look, that tells me we're going to talk in the bathroom and I roll my eyes.

As soon as I step into my office, the door to Cole's office opens. I sit down, avoiding eye contact.
"Good morning, sir." I say and he steps closer and stands in front of my desk.

"Did you have a good day off?" He asks and I nod, acting as if I'm looking for something on my desk. I hear him sigh, but before he can say anything, the door to my office opens and Rina steps in, followed by Frederick.

"Care to tell me why-" She stops talking as soon as she spots Cole standing in front of me. He straightened his back and doesn't look too happy to be interrupted.

"Why are you not working Miss Rhamsha?" Cole's low voice makes her gulp.
"I'm sorry I didn't know she had-"
"Leave." He interrupts her. She nods and I glare at him, before making a move to walk after Rina, but he grips my elbow.

"Leave us alone and close the door." I hear him growl at Frederick. He nods firmly and closes the door after leaving.
I pull on my arm.
"Let go." I say and he does.

"So you do know how to talk?" He asks me, sitting down on one of the seats in front of my seat.
"Who said I didn't?" I scowl at him, sitting back down on my seat. And there goes my good mood.

"Do you need something, sir? I'm trying to work." I put on another fake smile.
"No, I just wanted to ask how your day off was." He shrugs and stands up again.

"But I get it." He says, before turning around. I sigh and stand up again.
"Sir-"
"I got some paperwork for you when you're finished with whatever you need to work on now. It's on my desk." He interrupts me and leaves my office. I blow out a breath and sit back down.

"Wow. You really don't know, huh?" I look at Frederick in confusion after he stepped in.
"Don't know what?" I ask, but he shakes his head.

"Figure it out yourself. But for now, wish me luck. Because I'm definitely about to try and tame the bear you just poked awake." He says, walking into Cole's office without knocking.

I flinch when I hear Cole yelling at Fredrick. I shouldn't have snapped at him. I think he was trying to actually make conversation and despite our fight in Seattle, he's my boss.

+++

I place the paperwork into my arms and stand in front of his desk for a second. He looks up from his paperwork, before raising an eyebrow.

"Can I help you?" He asks me with narrowed eyes. Should I apologize? I mean I didn't do anything wrong. I just shake my head and leave his office. God, I'm such a dick. Well a female dick.

So I sit down on my desk again and start with the work. Seconds later my door bursts open and an angry Rina steps in. Oh shit.

"I'm sorry but can you believe how that asshole was treating me?" She asks and I laugh.
"You realize that's how he treats me all the time, right?" I say and she rolls her eyes.

"Still, you owe me." She says and I frown.
"Why? Because you got yelled at for trying to talk to me while work?" I laugh and she nods.
"I was in your office when it happened, so yes." She says, making me roll my eyes.

"Okay, what do you want?" I ask, going back to work.
"You know there is this new bar downtown that opens tonight. I thought we could check it out." She says. Ugh.

"Do I have a choice?" I ask and she shakes her head. I sigh.
"Great, I pick you up at seven." She says and quickly leaves my office again.

Can't wait.