This again

"Are you trying to get fired?" I hear Cole's angry voice say and blink at him. What? This is the first thing he has spoken to me in almost two weeks. It's Thursday and I just stepped into my office after greeting everybody.

"Excuse me?" I ask, because I have no idea what the fuck his problem is.
"Your skirt." He says, closing the door. What?
"What about it?" I ask, looking down at it. It is black and has a decent length. I've worn it before.

"It's too short." He says and I frown.
"I've worn this before and you didn't say anything." I roll my eyes.
"Well, maybe I wasn't looking. But this is definitely too shirt. You have one warning. If I see you in this skirt again or anything with that length, you're out." He says, before slamming his door.

What the heck?! I'm about to stand up and get into his office, when Rina steps in. Oh he's lucky.
"What was that?" She whispers. Why is she whispering?
"Why are you whispering?" I ask and she shushes me.

"I'm kind of scared he listens." She shrugs, still whispering. I roll my eyes.
"I'm going to talk to him." I say, standing up.
"Maybe you shouldn't. He hasn't been himself lately and I'm surprised he hasn't fired you already." She says and I raise an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I ask. I mean, I haven't talked to Cole in ages, but I haven't noticed his personality change. Well, before this little argument or whatever we just had.

"He's fired Jonathan without any reason. I liked him, I mean he was cute. We flirted, nothing serious, but he just fired him. That was the first. Then he gave each of us a longer amount of hours to work each day. Well, everybody but you." She smirks.

"Seriously?" I ask in anger. What the heck is his problem?!
"Yes, so please don't do anything that will get you fired. I need you." She says and I nod, for now. Before I could say anything else, my door opens again and Cole walks in with a huge pile of paperwork.

I sigh quietly when he places them on my desk, while eyeing Rina dangerously. My eyes widen, oh no. She looks as scared as me, because she knows she shouldn't be here if she has to work.
"Thank you for bringing my phone again, Rina. I thought I lost it." I say, hugging her. She nods, hugging me back, before leaving.

I smile innocently at Cole, when he narrows his eyes at me. He leaves the room shortly after and I'm left to do the work. Gosh, that was close.What is his problem? As far as I'm concerned, he ended it between us. So why is he acting up? When I was about to start this horrifically huge pile of paperwork he just brought me, my door opens again and another pile of paperwork gets placed onto my desk. Oh god.

+++

This is how it's been going on for the next few days, until he came into my office on a Friday evening. I was just about to pack my things, because paperwork has caused me to stay in longer than I intended.

"Oh, you finished the papers already, good. Hurry up, pack your things. I have to attend a meeting in twenty minutes and Jeff is sick. So I need your second pair of ears, to listen and maybe take a note book with you, if you need to write something down." Cole orders and I hold back a groan, but put a notebook in my purse.

I know it's not my job to do this for him, but I've done this a few times before when Peter was still here. So I don't mind. We exit my office and step into the elevator. I glance at Cole, seeing him look at his watch in order to look busy, I guess.

We walk out of the elevator and into the parking lot. I'm surprised when Cole opens the passenger door for me and gets into the driver's seat after I got in. He starts the engine and glances at my surprise face, before I could cover it.

"Is there a problem?" He asks, making me shake my head.
"No, I just expected a chauffeur." I shrug and he nods when he takes a turn.

"We're already late, because I forgot Jeff was sick. So I didn't bother calling a chauffeur, when we'd have to wait another ten minutes." He says and I raise an eyebrow. He forgot Jeff was sick?
"Responsible." I mutter sarcastically. It was only meant for my ears, but he heard it.

"Excuse me?" He asks, stopping at a red light. Great.
"Nothing." I say and he studies me for a moment. Oh gosh, my body feels exposed.

"What did I say about that skirt?" He asks, making me frown. This again.
"I haven't worn this one before." I say, looking at his glaring eyes.

"But it's just as short as the other one." He says and I shake my head.
"No, it's not. It almost reaches my knees." I say. He shakes his head, before driving off again.

"We need to talk about the appropriate length of skirts and dresses." He mutters and I roll my eyes.
"Sure as long as it is professional." I say and he stops the car in front of the Henderson's building, where the meeting is held.

"Oh look, we're here." I say, opening the door and getting out.
"We're gonna talk about this." He mutters, getting out as well.

+++

I thought meetings were interesting, but this one was about property and seriously I'd prefer to be dead right now. I struggle to keep my eyes open throughout this whole torture, because I'm just really tired. After the meeting, I was happy that Cole was walking us back to his car in such a quick pace, god knows why.

"Mister Haynes." Someone shouts after him and I recognize the man from the meeting. Cole hisses and turns around to greet him back.
"I didn't know Jeff turned into such a beautiful young lady." He eyes me up and down, making me happy that I'm halfway hidden behind Cole's body.

"Mister Henderson. We really need to leave. Unfortunately something came up." He says, not even bothering to wait for a reply when he pulls me towards the exit of the building. We step into the car and as soon as I'm in, he speeds off.

"Rude." I say and he chuckles humorlessly.
"If you didn't wear this short skirt, like I told you to, I wouldn't have to be." He growls.

"What does my skirt have to do with your rude behaviour?" I ask, anger hinted in my voice.
"Everything. You look like a-" He cut himself off. But I knew exactly what he wanted to say. I angrily open my seat belt.

"Let me out." I say.
"Are you stupid? We're on the streets." He says, locking the doors to be sure I don't jump out of the moving car.

"I don't care. I will not let you harass me any longer. I did what you wanted. Now let me out." I say and sigh when he stops the car.