Too addicting

I was about to get out, but I realized he stopped at a red light and the doors are locked.
"I'm serious." I say, glaring at him. He shakes his head, no. I groan and cross my arms over my chest. Why does he have to be such an asshole?!

"I'm gonna drive you home. We're already passed your work time." He says and I ignore him.
"Really mature, Miss Hampshire." He says, before starting to drive again.

"Thank you. I learned from the best, sir." I say and he glares at me, knowing I meant him and his actions lately. Like, what the fuck does he mean by my skirt is too short?!

"You do know you work for me, right?" He asks, making me shrug.
"I do, but do you?" I ask. He looks at me in confusion. Oh come on!

"What do you mean?" He asks, stopping in front of my house, finally. I shake my head and try to open the door. I turn to narrow my eyes at him.
"Open the door." I say.

"Answer my question." He replies.
"I will break the windows of your precious car and get out like that, if you don't open right now." I say in a serious tone. I've had it with him today. He just glares at me with a clinched jaw for a few seconds.

"You would just hurt yourself." He states, but I shrug and turn to elbow the windows when I hear the familiar click, telling me he opened up. I get out, but he does too, making me fasten my pace.

"I said I'd open, but that doesn't mean I'd let you go just yet. You do realize I've given you a warning about your skirt already." He says, gripping my elbow and turning me around on my porch.

"You know what, Cole? I'm sick of it. I just- go ahead fire me. That's not nearly as bad as the other things you do to me-"
"What other things? Like telling you what's right and what's not? I didn't realize you were this sensitive." He says and I narrow my eyes at him again, before ripping my arm away from him.

"Sensitive?" I laugh sarcastically. I feel a drop of water fall on my forehead and look up in surprise. It starts raining pretty fast and our porch has a small roof, that has a few holes in it, so we're getting wet pretty fast.

I roll my eyes and open the door, letting Cole and myself in. I put my purse on the ground and walk into the kitchen. I'm so hungry, I haven't had dinner. I look back towards Cole, whose gaze is fixed on me. Should I ask him if he wanted something to eat? He didn't have dinner either.

"Do you want something to drink?" I ask and he shrugs.
"Listen. We don't need to talk about it now. It's inappropriate for me to be here anyways." He says as he sits down on the kitchen counter.

"When is your family coming back?" He asks, changing the topic after he realized I was ignoring him.
"I don't know. And I don't want to talk about my family right now. I need you to tell me what the heck your problem is. Ever since we ended it you've been acting like this. Which I don't understand, because you're the one who ended it." I say, sitting down after putting a pizza in the oven.

"I ended it, because you started going out with James again. And I don't know about you, but I wouldn't like it if I had a girlfriend who has a sex buddy too." He says and I glare at him.
"Did I tell you I was going out with James again?" I ask calmly and he shakes his head.

"So how the heck did you jump to that?" I ask, throwing my arms in the air.
"You lied about the whole car thing. I saw you on the camera footage. He caressed your cheek. Do you think I'm stupid Mia?" He asks, throwing his own hands in the air.

"Well, if you would've watched a little longer, you would've seen me pulling away. There is nothing going on between me and him and I certainly don't want anything to do with him. I did agree to go to dinner with him, but only because he explained where he was and why he didn't call me. I haven't heard from him since and I told him I didn't want anything to do with him anymore." I say, making him blink a few times.

"But- why couldn't you just tell me that?" He groans. I shake my head and get up. He gets up as well and nears me.
"I'm sorry." He says, surprising me. But I shake my head, I'm not done yet.

"You threatened to fire me. Just because of that?!" I ask, frowning. He scratches his neck, before looking away.
"I wouldn't have done it anyways." He shrugs.

"You fired Jonathan and gave everybody but me longer work times. Why?" I ask and he sighs.
"I fired Jonathan because he let me bribe him. He wasn't a responsible receptionist. And the others were just getting on my nerves." He explains.

"You were angry and let it out on them. Admit it, Cole." I say and he nods.
"I know, I'm sorry." He says regretfully. I roll my eyes.

"That's what all this was about? Cole tell me, before you jump to conclusions." I say and he nods, before gulping and looking down at the ground. I know he's regretting his decisions. I step closer to him and take his face in my hands, before kissing him. He immediately reacts and kisses me back, placing his hands on my waist.

"No matter how hard I tried forgetting about us. You're just too addicting." He murmurs against my lips, before lifting me up and walking into the living room. He plops me down on the couch and takes off his shirt, before hovering above me. I smile, when he kisses me slowly, knowing what's about to happen.

+++

"How did we go two weeks without that?" I hear hims ask, while tracing my naked shoulder. I smile and kiss his chest. We just managed to control our heavy breathing again. We ended up in my bed after doing it on the couch. And then we did it in bed. I was about to say something when a sudden thought occurs me and I shoot up from the bed, covering myself with his shirt.

"What?" Cole asks, worried.
"The pizza!" I yell, while running downstairs. I hear his laughter all the way to the kitchen.