The news

Apparently me and Cole have an affair. Well, we do. But according to the news, we have a secret relationship. I stomp into Cole's office without knocking and throw the papers on his chest. He looks at it calmly, before clearing his throat and standing up.

"What am I supposed to do?" He asks, nearing me. I grit my teeth and point my finger at him.
"You're going to fix this. All evidence that they have is this photo of us in the restaurant last week. Make an interview or something, I don't know." I say and he shakes his head, chuckling.

"I don't give interviews." He replies and I nod slowly.
"Well, what else are you going to do?" I ask and he shrugs.

"There's nothing I can do." He says, making me glare at him.
"If you'd just-"

"This photo was taken at the restaurant last week. So it's almost three days old. And they are only publishing it now? Think, Mia. There somebody who must've given them this information."
"False information." I says and he glares at me.

"Oh really? What would you call this little arrangement of ours, huh?" He asks, stepping closer.
"Now, is not the time for this discussion. I need you to fix this. I don't care how, but do it." I snap again, before leaving his office, angry and bewildered.

He doesn't give interviews, blah blah. He is going to if that means fixing this dilemma! I can't believe they published this. I read the article about me and Cole, saying that I probably did sleep my way into this job, although I had it before Cole arrived. This is exactly what I meant.

"Hey. I knocked but you didn't answer." I hear Rina's soft voice say and turn my head to look at her. I smile, trying my best to show her that I was fine.
"Hey, sorry. I didn't hear you." I say and she nods, before closing the door after she got in.

"I read the papers today." She says and I sigh, shaking my head.
"And that is complete bullshit. You know that." She says. Rina knows exactly that I care for other people's opinions. No matter how hard I try not to.

"But other people-"
"Don't even start with that. I know you care about what other people think about you, but this is different. Many people know that when it comes to magazines and papers, it's lies or assumptions." She hugs me and I hug her back.

"I guess." I sigh, calming down already. I feel bad for snapping at Cole, but I still want him to fix it. I should apologize after that.

+++

Cole's PoV:

I take another sip of my brandy and sigh again, before looking around my living room. This place is way too big for only one person. Maybe I should sell it and look for a smaller apartment or penthouse. I shake my head, I shouldn't. This mansion was my family's mansion, before they died in the car accident.

I was just a little baby back then, but my dad left me his mansion and money. My mom left me her rings and bracelets and all that girly stuff. I have no idea what to do with that, but for now it's just laying in their old bedroom. I didn't have the heart to change anything in there. Even though I didn't know my family, I should be thankful they even thought about me when writing their testament.

I shake my head and stand up, stumbling over my own feet. I really shouldn't think about this again. I don't need to be sad today too. I'm already fucking mad at Mia for snapping at me this morning. I mean, is it my fault that the media caught us eating together?

I jump slightly at the sound of my doorbell. Who could that be. I groan when the person outside keeps ringing.
"I'm coming!" I slur and stumble towards my door.
"What-" Before I know it, I feel a sharp pain in my jaw. What the fuck?!

"You think you can send me away just to fuck her?!" I recognize his voice immediately and look at him, after holding my jaw in disbelieve.
"What the fuck do you want?" I ask, pinning him against the wall.

"You said you wanted me to stay away from her! I did. I took the money, because I thought I was dangerous for her. But I realized you just wanted to get into her pants!" He yells, pushing me. I stumble backwards.

He looks at me with angry eyes, breathing fast. I chuckle, before a plan occurs me. I nod for him to follow me into the living room. He follows me and settles down on the couch. I bring him a glass of brandy and he takes it, before drowning it in three seconds. I blink and give him more.

"You know what? I should visit her." He slurs after his fifth glass. I nod and take out my phone.
"I'll get you a ride." I say, before calling 911. That action of his will give him at least a night in jail. I walk into the other room, telling them my case and address.

"She's good, isn't she?" He smirks like a dirty pig.
"Huh?" I ask, playing innocent. He stands up, trying to keep his balance, before reaching me.
"In bed. She's a real tigress in bed." He says, making me angrier than I thought it would. I ball my fist, almost hitting him, when I hear sirens and smirk back at him.

"I don't know. We almost never do it in bed." I say and he laughs. Okay, well I expected him to hit me or something, but I'll take it. He shakes his head, before he finally hears the sirens too.

"Do you hear that?" He asks, frowning. No shit.
"Yeah." I say, before the door shoots open and two police men come to view.

They arrest James and tell me that he has to stay in jail for at least the rest of the night.