Surprise

Back and forth. Back and forth...

That was what my whole day consisted of. Now, don't get too excited. Mister Haynes let me go to my office for like one minute and called me back to his office for stuff, he could easily do on his own. Like I know I'm his assistant, but I felt like a slave.

The ENTIRE day. You have no idea how happy I am that it's now five o'clock and James will be here any minute to pick me up. I went to Haynes' office to tell him I'm finished. I knocked once...twice....thrice... no answer.

Well I tried. He might not even want me to disturb him just to tell him bye. So I roll my eyes and walk towards the elevator. I pushed the elevator buttons down. After saying goodbye to Rina I stepped in the elevator, surprised to see Mister Haynes and James talking like old friends. Did I miss something?

James stops me from going down and makes me listen to their conversation.
"So tomorrow, nine p.m. at mine?" My eyes widen.
Wait what? Did James just invite this ass for dinner?
"Sure thing. Miss Hampshire what are you doing here?"

That made me look up and see him directly looking at me, as if he tried to figure something out. Eventually James spoke up.
"Well dude, I told you I'd pick up my girlfriend." James says and Mister Haynes raises both eyebrows in surprise. What?

"Okay. Well, I need to go. It was nice seeing you again." Mister Haynes says and leaves, not even saying good bye to me. I mean, he did proof to me that he was an asshole, but that was just rude.

"How do you know Mister Haynes." I ask James. He looks at me and smiles.
"We know each other since 6th grade when we went to the same summer camp. Since then we are good friends. We used to stay in touch but somehow we grew apart. Well until now."

He's still an asshole.

After James dropped me off, I was more than eager to sleep. Exhaustively, I went to bed, not caring to change. My feet hurt. I need a massage. In times like these I wish I had a good boyfriend. I don't know why we're still together. I mean especially now that I know he's befriended with the devil himself.

My life just gets better and better, doesn't it?

+++

The next morning was quite the morning. I stood up at six a.m, went in the shower, did my make up and decided to walk before I get to work today. I bought a coffee and sat down on a bench in the nearby park. After 5 minutes I felt somebody sitting down next to me. Without looking at the person, I make a move to stand up, but stop when a familiar voice stops me.

"Leaving so soon?" I stop mid step.
"Shouldn't you prepare yourself for work today?" He asks, humor hinted in his voice. My eyes widen and I quickly look at Mister Haynes. I'm kind of surprised to see him doing something human, like sweating. Because after yesterday I was sure, he was some sort of emotionless robot.

"I- uh, well I was about to leave." I say, sitting down next to him again. He nods and tries to catch his breath. He looks like he just ran a marathon. I feel bad for checking him out, but I have to. I mean, it's not every day I get to watch my humorless and strict boss/asshole like this.

He is wearing a grey pair of sweatpants and a black Nike's sport shirt. I silently approve of his attire and look up at his face, only to see him frowning at me. Oh no, did he catch me checking him out?

"So you and James, huh?" He asks, making me frown and blink a few times. Didn't he say he separates business and private life?

"With all due respect, sir. But didn't you say you prefer to separate private life and business?" I ask, hoping he wouldn't get mad at me. to my surprise he chuckles and shakes his head.
"I did, didn't I?" He stands up, ready to speed off again.

"Well, I expect you to be punctual today." He says, before running away from me. Hah, that's funny. All the hot guys always seem to run away from me.