Attitude

"Get dressed, we're going out for breakfast." Cole says, after I stepped out of the shower the next day. He already showered and is dressed in a dark suit, waiting for me to get dressed.
"I'm not hungry." I shake my head, but my stomach growls at the mention of food.

"I didn't really ask you, Miss Hampshire. Do I need to remind you of your position as my secretary?" He snaps, making me gulp. Guess we're both still mad at each other, although he has no right. I silently scowl at him and close the bedroom door after he got out. I quickly change into the other dress that I brought and do my make up.

"We can go." I say and pass him. I open the door and get out, without waiting for him. I smirk when the door almost slams into his face. He growls and catches up with me. Before I could reach the elevators, he grips my wrist and turns me around.

"If you don't turn that attitude of yours down, we are going to have a problem. You are my secretary, nothing else. This boundary between work and private life is still there. You better adjust back to that." He says through gritted teeth.

"If you don't let me go, we are going to have a problem." I say and he involuntarily lets my arm go. I push the button and we wait for the elevator in silence. All that we hear is our fast breathing. I shake my head again and step into the elevator when it arrives.

We quietly step into the car, making our driver frown, but he knows better than to ask and just drives off. I feel a small smile creep up my face when I see we're parking in front of iHop. I glance at Cole, hoping he didn't catch my smile, but he's already looking at me with a knowing look. Yeah, whatever.

+++

"Don't. I got it." He says when I'm about to pull out my wallet to pay for my breakfast.
"No, I wouldn't feel comfortable having you pay for my food." I say and smile at the waiter. He smiles down at me, waiting for his money.

"This is a business trip. I wouldn't feel comfortable having you pay." Cole says and quickly pays the waiter. I sigh and stand up after him.

"Thank you." I say and he looks surprised, but nods. What? I do have manners, thank you very much.
We step back in the car and from the car back to the hotel to get our stuff. We leave for his private jet and I sigh once we're inside.

I was lucky that I was so tired on the flight to Seattle. But now, I feel my hands start to sweat and my breathing start to quicken. Let's just say I'm not the biggest fan of flying.

"Are you okay?" I hear Cole ask and nod, glaring at him. He just shakes his head at my immaturity and looks towards the other direction. I'm not okay. Not okay at all.

The pilot orders us to fasten our seat belts and I see Cole doing it with ease, while I start to panic and stand up, trying to get out of here. Cole frowns and opens his seat belt again.

"What are you doing?" He comes to my side and stops me from opening the door. I want out!
"I can't do this. I need to leave." I push him away, but he only tightens his grip on my wrists.

"No, sit down. We're taking off in a few minutes." He says and leads me back to my seat. I shake my head, panicking again. What if we die in here?

"Sh, what happened? You weren't showing any fright when I asked you to come with me." He whispers, while fastening my seat belt. I shake my head and try to push his hands away, but he wouldn't let me.

"No, please don't." A tear escapes my eyes. I can't be in here.
"Listen to me." He demands and I do, but my fast breathing continues.

"This plane is safe. You are safe. If I wasn't sure about this, I wouldn't have let you come with me. Trust me. Nothing is going to happen." He says as he grips my seat when the plane starts moving.

"Oh my god, oh my god..." I close my eyes, silently praying that we'll make it. I don't know for how long I've closed my eyes, but when I open them again, Cole is looking down at me with so much worry and some other feeling that I can't identify.

"You're fine. See." He says softly and points outside. I take a huge breath at the view. Wow, amazing. I don't fly a lot and if I do, then I mostly take a pill that my doctor recommended me. I forgot to pack them and now I'm here.

"I'm sorry, I-"
"It's fine. I guess we all have something to be scared of." He says and I nod. He walks back to his seat and takes out his phone. I bite my lip from smiling and look back at the sight. The city, the sea. I never got to see this before.

And besides the fact that we could still die, this sight was worth it.