Chapter 2 | Stop crying, yeah?

"It's funny how we always end up together." Nate chuckled as he waited for the girls to get ready. He was sitting on their couch in the living room, scrolling through his Instagram while Bella and Caroline got ready for the exhibition.

"Yeah, really funny. It will be even funnier if the security drags you out of there because you were jumping on my nerves." Caroline rolled her eyes as she took a last look at herself in the mirror.

"Oh come on, don't be like that. I promise I won't bother you tonight." He turned his head so he can look at her over the couch.

She was now fixing her tie that was laying on her white dress shirt which she tucked into her black dress pants. Caroline will also be at the exhibition but as one of the workers. She works at the hotel where the exhibition will be held as a waitress for her part-time job, and the staff was asked if they could help with serving guests.

"You better keep that promise because I'm not scared to dump my full plate with food and drinks on your face if you try to annoy me in some way." She finally turns towards him satisfied when she sees him nodding at her threat.

Caroline of course doesn't really mean her threats will come to life because she cares about her best friend even though the boy knows which buttons he needs to push just to annoy her. But tonight that can't happen because she can't lose her job, not again.

That's right, there was one time she actually lost a job because of him, but she forgave him since she hated that job and wanted to leave anyway. But she can't lose another one and if it came to that point, tonight might be the first time she will go through with her threats.

"Who is that Alexander guy anyway? You two heard about him?" Caroline sits on the couch next to Nate as Bella finally leaves her room ready.

"Nope. Maybe he's a new upcoming photographer or something." Nate shrugs his shoulders. He looks over at Bella to see her putting her phone in a small shoulder bag.

"I don't know, he seems famous enough. The girls at the hotel who I work with were gushing about him and the fact that they will work for him tonight. But I'm pretty sure they are more familiar with his looks than his art." Caroline shook her head as Nate chuckled.

"Okay, I'm ready. We can leave." Bella turns towards the two people on the couch and they nod getting up and making their way towards her.

"You guys don't have to leave this early with me, you can come later, it's fine," Caroline says as she puts her black heels on.

The mentioned two look at each other while shaking their head. Caroline needs to be there one hour before the exhibition starts so they can prepare the final touches, and both Bella and Nate agreed on going early with her so that they can use one car and not go separately.

"Alright, but then you have to help," Caroline smirked as the two groaned. They might have rushed into their decision.

...

"We better get paid for this." Nate huffed as he found a high chair by the bar to sit on. Bella chuckled at him as she fixed her shorts/skirt into her black long sleeve turtleneck.

They finished setting everything up and were waiting for the exhibition to start. "Thanks, guys for helping but from now till the exhibition ends you don't know me, okay? Okay." Caroline clapped her hands leaving the two laughing as they watched her leave to join other staff members.

"We should go in," Bella said while garbing her purse from the bar. Nate nodded, fixing his dress shirt into his jeans as he stood up and followed her towards the crowd that was entering the space where the exhibition is held.