Chapter 6 | The contract

"You again."

Scarlett, who's only wearing a man's dress shirt opens the door and looks Bella up and down with an annoyed look on her face. Bella just looks at her for a few seconds, feeling uncomfortable by her stare, while Scarlett's eyes travel along her body as she makes a face as if she's disgusted by Bella's appearance.

"Is Mr. Hart here?" Bella looks away from her, her nerves short to deal with Scarlett right now. Even though she met the woman only twice in her life, she already got bad vibes from her.

Who is she to look at me like that, like I'm someone below her.

"He's in the shower but he'll be done soon." Scarlett crosses her arms over her chest and leans on the doorway.

"Alright." Bella heaves a sigh as she looks away.

"So, why are you even here? Are you his little fan who is desperate for his attention?" Scarlett tilts her head as she looks at Bella.

Aren't you the one who is desperate for his attention?

The way Scarlett was clinging to him in that class and giving him puppy eyes, it seemed to Bella like she was trying too hard to get noticed by that man. But, guess it worked. She is in his apartment in only one piece of clothing. We can all guess what that means.

"No, I'm not. I'm here because he asked me to work for him. He asked me to be his model." Bella also crosses her arms and gives Scarlett an annoyed look. Can he be done with that shower already?

"You? He wants you to be his mod-" She was ready to mock Bella but a deep voice interrupted her. "What's going on Scar? Who is it?"

Alexander walks towards the door, wrapped in only his towel that covers his lower body. He grabs the door to push it more open, his muscles flexing by the action and showing his biceps and well build arms that are covered in tattoos.

"Oh, it's you." He lets his eyes wander over Bella as a smile grows on his face. "You're late." He states. Bella's eyebrows furrow as she looks at her phone. It's true, she is late, but only by five minutes.

"Yes, I'm sorry but I had classes and my professor held me back after the class." She grabs her bag strap and runs her fingers over it, something she does when she feels nervous.

"Are you sure you want her as your model? I mean it's only your first meeting and she's already late. Something you should know is that Alexander doesn't tolerate that. He is very punctual." Scarlett says with a smirk as she wraps her arms around his naked waist.

Bella follows the action with her eyes before she looks up again. The woman gives her a look as if she's waiting for some type of reaction but Bella gives her none which only makes Scarlett feel annoyed.

Alexander, however, doesn't match Scarlett's expression. His eyebrows furrowed, a frown covering his face as he looks down at her and quickly removes her arms off him. Scarlett seems somewhat offended and sad that he did that, but quickly covers it and sends Bella one last look before going inside.

"Please come in. I'm sorry you had to wait and see me like this, I just came back home from a meeting." He gestures with his hand for Bella and she steps inside. She goes to take her boots off but he stops her, telling her it's fine. He tells her to wait for him in the living room as he goes to his bedroom to change.

While Bella is waiting for him, she looks around the apartment that is covered in dark colors. dark gray dominating with traces of silver or white. She is amazed by how big this apartment is. She likes the concept of an open kitchen area that is behind the living room. There is a dining table close to the wall and next to it is a hallway that has a couple of doors.