Chapter 29 | Karma is a bitch

Alexander knew that that woman can go to lengths in getting something and she wouldn't stop until she gets it. He knew that there was a side to her that was mischievous, the side that wouldn't care how and who would get hurt in process of her getting something despite of her playing a nice and kind person. But he also knew this was far from it.

His jaw clenches at the sight of her in front of him. Standing  with her arms wrapped around her, acting like she is scared to be in the same room with him. Oh and also, there is a bruise on her face that needs to be mentioned.

As he watches her, all the dots connect and he gets all the answers he was questioning before. Why did his day had to be ruined by two policemen showing up at his apartment? Why did someone interrupted his morning with the woman he loves and ruined his plans for today. 

It's simple.

Scarlett.

Now he can read right through the situation. The bruise she has on her face is probably fake or done by someone else or maybe even her, and she did all of that either just for revenge because he rejected her over and over again or to get him into her clutches somehow.

But he won't let that happen. He won't let her win, this situation, or him. He can't help but feel disgusteded just at the thought of someone even comingng up with this idea and ruining someone's life just because they couldn't have what they wanted.

But he also has to admit that she's smart. The plan is good and she can win this easily. He knows that is more likely for the officers to believe her over him. After all, she is a woman that's allegedly been hurt by a man. But she doesn't have proof of that unless she has a good story behind it all.

"I'm sure you know this woman, Mr. Hart" The same officer states more than he questions, and Alexander confirms it by nodding. "Yes, I do know her."

"Okay, then can you explain what happened here?" The officer motions to Scarlett who is sitting down beside him and her bruised face.

"I'm sorry but I can't since I don't know how she got that black  eye but I do know that it wasn't me who did it." Alexander answers, still calmly even though he's far from feeling like it.

"He's lying! He did this to me! You need to lock him up!" Scarlett almost screams, creating more unescesery drama hoping that the officers will believe her despair and arrest Alexander as she planned.

She figured if she can't have him and he won't ever go against Bella or ever leave her, then she wants to make sure his life turns into hell and get him away from anyone and everything.

"Miss, you need to calm down." One of the officers tells her nicely, speaking to her with a softer tone than what they used for Alexander.

"No! I will calm down only when he's behind the bars!" She says loudly, staring at Alexander the whole time but she gets even more angrier when she sees Alexander rolling his eyes at her statement.

"Miss, please. Let's go outside and talk for a minute." The officer stands up and leads her out of the interrogation room. After a couple of minutes, he comes back and speaks to Alexander. "Since we don't have evidence, for now, you're free to go but I have to inform you that she will most likely take this to court."

"Take what to court? I didn't do anything to her, I-"

"Mr. Hart, you will have an opportunity to prove yourself at court but for now you're free to go. You'll get notified when is the hearing and thank you for answering all of our questions." The officer interrupts him and opens the door for him.

Alexander walks out angrily but when he sees Bella waiting for him in the hallway, he feels better, and his features soften. "Love, are you okay?" He wraps his arms around her and kisses her forehead.