Chapter 30 | Bella Moore

It's finally that day. 

Valentine's day.

A day when lovers spend time with each other, show how much they appreciate one another, express their love and much more. It's a first Valentine's day that Alexander gets to experience with an actual lover. He never done anything on that day because he was never in a relationship, but he never actualy saw that  holdiay as something big anyway.

He always thought that there shouldn't be a day when you treat your lover. He thought that that should be every day and that's how he acted with Bella all this time. Every day he would do something special for her. It didn't have to be something big, but his intentions were always greatly appreciated by Bella and those were the things that made her happy. And if she was happy, then he was happy.

However, even though he doesn't find this holiday as something special, this time it is, because he has someone to share it with. And currently, he's getting his gifts ready with his little helpers. Jaxon and Stella.

"Do you think she'll like it?"

"Yes!" Both Jaxon and Stella answer his question in unison. Alexander smiles at that and asks them another question. "Are you sure? Or are you saying that only because I said that I'll take you to the carnival next week?" He chuckles when both of them shake their head frantically.

"Okay then, if you say so." He takes the gift that is messily wrapped up and cleans up the table from all the wrapping paper and all the decorations the kids used. He knows that Bella wouldn't mind the weirdly looking gift once he tells her who helped him with it.

"Alright you two, I'll see you next week." He hugs them both. Alexander made sure to visit all the kids every week and take them somewhere along with Bella when she was free. He also hired someone to renovate the place where the kids live and he made sure to buy them gifts and everything they wanted or needed. He is also planning to make a huge playground for them. He just wants to make sure that their life is a little better until they find their future families.

Alexander ruffles Jaxon's hair when he pulls away from him, but he notices that Jaxon's mood is suddenly changed. He's not smiling anymore and he looks like he's anxious about something. "What's wrong little man?"

Jaxon doesn't answer him and only looks at Mary who stands behind Alexander. When Alexander follows his gaze, he sees Mary nodding at Jaxon and then briefly sharing a look with him which only confuses him.

"I-I wanted t-to ask y-you something..."

Alexander can tell that it must be something serious because Jaxon never stutters unless he's scared or nervous about something.

"Okay buddy, you can ask me anything." Alexander squats down so he's eye level with Jaxon and he holds his tiny hands in his to make sure he knows that he can talk to him about anything.

"I-I was wondering if I c-can call you differently..." Jaxon looks down at his shoes the whole time while he's speaking.

"You don't want to call me Xander anymore?"

Jaxon shakes his head.

"Why? You don't like it?"

Jaxon shakes his head again but frantically this time as if he wants to make sure that Alexander shouldn't think like that, like he would offend the older man with that somehow.

"N-no, I like it, v-very much b-but-" Jaxon couldn't finish his sentence and he started breathing heavily because of his nervousness.

"Hey buddy, it's okay, it's okay, I understand. You like that nickname but you want to use a different name now, is that right?" Alexander rubs Jaxon's arms to calm him down. He is starting to worry because he has never seen him like this and he doesn't know what to expect.