Chapter 8 | I can help with that

"Great. Now, look at me."

Bella turns her head towards him and looks at him. She isn't sure if he meant to look in the camera or exactly him but she knew she did right when he gave her a small smile as their eyes met.

He took a couple of pictures more while she looked at the camera lens and decided it was enough for today. "They look great," Alexander says as he looks at the final product. Bella walks towards him so she can look at the photos as well.

Her eyes widen as she looks at herself. The pictures look beautiful. She looks beautiful. She doesn't know if it's because of his way of taking pictures and the way he organized everything or is it just because of her, but she likes what she is seeing.

"They are beautiful," Bella says barely above a whisper.

You are beautiful, is what Alexander wants to say but he holds back. He watches her from up close, taking the moment to just look at her and feed his eyes with her beauty. He can't help but feel disappointed when she steps away after being done with looking through the photos. He just wants to pull her towards him and have her close.

"Uh, you can change now. I'll be outside." He clears his throat and puts his camera on the little table by the couch before he steps out of his studio. Bella goes towards her clothes and puts them back on, folding the silky set nicely before putting it back in the bag.

After she's ready and sure she has everything with her, she goes to open the door but stops when something catches her eyes on the table. It's a little catalog from his exhibition. She takes it, wondering why they didn't get this when they were there.

She opens it and on the first page is his biography. It tells you every information from how old he is to where and when he did his studies, when he had his first exhibitions, who he worked with, etc.

She goes back to the beginning of his biography and reads it again. She is impressed by how he got discovered when he was only thirteen. He made his own exhibition, putting out his photos on the street so bypassers could look at them and maybe even buy them.

Some artists saw his work and offered him a scholarship at the art academy when he gets older and by then they offered him courses and photography classes that would give him a chance to have his exhibitions. He accepted and now he's here, having yet another exhibition at thirty years old, under his own name.

Bella's smile falls when her mind plays a memory of her mother. She knows her mom started when she was really young too. And no matter how many years she had to her career and how many photos of hers live all around the world, she can't help but think what kind of art would her mom create now if she was still alive.

She snaps back to reality when she hears a knock on the door. "Bella, are you done? Can I come in now?" She quickly wipes a tear that fell down her cheek and lets out a small 'yeah' loud enough for him to hear.

When Alexander comes in, his eyes immediately fall on her, and his eyebrows furrow in confusion and worry. "Love? What's wrong?" He walks towards her. He looks at the catalog in her hands before he looks at her again. He wonders what made her cry. The catalog from his exhibition that organizers forgot to give out has nothing but his information and photos that were also shown at the exhibition. He doesn't understand what could've made her so upset.

"Um nothing, I just...nothing." She whispers.

He heaves a sigh as he wipes under her eye, his thumb getting rid of her tears. It's not nothing, he can tell, but he can also tell that she doesn't want to talk about it so he won't push it.

"This is the second time you're crying while looking at my art. Is it that bad?" He tries to lighten her mood and he can't help but smile when he watches her do the same. She giggles and sniffles as she shakes her head no.