Chapter 12 | Dance with me

When Bella enters her dorm room with red cheeks Caroline is quick to notice it and she smirks. But that smirk goes away when Bella shoots her a deadly glare. She never looks at someone like that so Caroline knows it's better to start running right this instant.

"Please, whatever I did please spare my life!" Caroline dramatically yells as she's running around the living room. She knows what she did, but she hopes that she will somehow distract Bella.

An amused Nate emerges from the bathroom and stands next to Bella who tries not to laugh at her friend that keeps running with her arms in the air, not noticing that Bella is just standing in place and watching her.

"Imma go make popcorn, this is so fun to watch. I'm usually the one going through this." Bella chuckles as she is reminded that he would be in this place, doing exactly what Caroline is doing right now. That's what Caroline's threats do to the poor guy.

"I'm tired, I can't run anymore." Caroline stops in her tracks and leans her hands on her knees to catch her breath. She soon turns around to see Bella smirking, still in the same place as before.

"Were you just standing there the whole time?" Her eyes widen in embarrassment when Bella nods. "That's actually the best revenge ever. You know how much I hate running." Caroline slumps down on their couch and closes her eyes.

At that moment Nate comes out of their kitchen with a bowl of popcorn and watches as Bella walks slowly and quietly towards Caroline. "You know C, I wouldn't do that if I were you," Nate warns.

Caroline understands what he meant and immediately opens her eyes only to be met with a mad Bella looking at her from upside down. "I would suggest you sleep with eyes wide open tonight C," Bella whispers quietly, and the girl shrieks, making Nate choke on his popcorn because of his laugh.

"Okay okay, I know what I did, I admit it. I'm so so so so sorry." Caroline looks at Bella with puppy eyes while she clamps her hands together, begging for forgiveness.

Bella sighs, knowing that she can't be mad for too long anyway, not when it comes to her two best friends. "I was so embarrassed C! How could you do that to me!?"

"I know, I'm sorry. I didn't think he would actually see that...but how did he react to it though?" Caroline smirks and Bella shakes her head before telling them what happened next.

"You almost what!? Hold up, I need to refill my bowl." Nate dramatically runs for the kitchen. When he comes back, he sits on their coffee table so he can face both girls. Caroline sneaks her hand into the bowl wanting to get some popcorn but Nate slaps her hand away, earning a glare from her which made him share his bowl at the end.

"Yeah...we almost kissed, but then his friend or whoever he is, came in and ruined it."

"Damn." Nate sighs while Caroline only smirks.

"Ruined it huh? So you wanted it to happen?" She lifts her eyebrows and Bella blushes immediately. Nate also gives Bella a knowing look while he still munches on his popcorn.

"Okay yes...now leave me alone." Bella gets up from the couch, wanting to hide from her teasing friends who only chuckle at her state.

"Come back, babe. I swear we'll stop. Plus I have to tell you something!" Bella emerges from her room at Caroline's words and sits next to her again to hear what she has to say.

"We're going out tonight. And you can't say no because you already ditched me once and I won't let it happen again."

Bella groans in disagreement but she knows she can't get out of it. Nate and Bella were always her support friends when they would go to a club even though they are not so fond of those kinds of places.