Chapter 15 | Taste of you

"Kiss me, Mr. Hart."

Bella lets out in a whisper, shocking both of them with her words. She wanted to hide from nervousness and embarrassment that might follow if he rejects her, but it's too late now, the words were spoken and hung in the air for a few seconds.

Alexander froze but his heart on the other hand didn't. It started beating rapidly at the sound of her words. His voice hitched in his throat and he looks her in the eyes to see if she really meant it, if she really wants it, if it's really okay for him to do that.

Suddenly, he could feel his heart stop for a moment when she nods her head, letting him know that she really wants it. He takes another second to just look into her beautiful eyes before he starts leaning in slowly.

Bella follows his movement and waits for their lips to finally connect. Alexander's eyes stay focused on her rosy lips as he cups her cheek, bringing her head closer until their noses are touching.

The tension is now almost unbearable as he only brushes her lips with his until he finally connects them. They both sigh in delight, finally tasting each other. He pulls away after some long seconds, to just look at her. Her eyes slowly open and she immediately focuses them on his lips.

He takes that as a sign to lean in again and captures her lips once more. They share a slow, passionate kiss, parting their lips and moving in sync, their hearts still not calming down.

When they need to get some air and breathe they slowly pull away and Alexander leans his forehead on hers. His thumb caresses her cheek, their eyes still closed while they both breathe hard.

"I hope that was good," Alexander whispers, nervous at the thought that she didn't like it.

"It was." She smiles shyly, making him smile too. "Why wouldn't it be?"

There is a moment of silence and Alexander bites his lip, feeling nervous and shy because of what he's about to say. "That was my first kiss." He blurts out, shocking Bella.

She pulls away from him and that makes him panic. He searches her eyes as she takes a moment for his words to sink in. It's safe to say that she's surprised. She would never think that a man like him didn't kiss before or have done something more.

"I know it's ridiculous, considering my age." He looks down, her silence killing him.

Bella furrows her eyebrows and shakes her head, not agreeing with him. She doesn't care about when you do certain things. Whether it's your first kiss or losing your virginity or something not related to relationships.

What matters for her is that you're ready when you do those things and she could care less if this was his first kiss at the age of thirty. The only thing she hopes for is that his waiting was worth it and that she didn't ruin his first kiss.

"I just didn't want to do it with just anybody. I wanted it to be perfect and with the right person, when I really felt something." He looks at her and feels better when she smiles.

"First of all, Mr. Hart...I don't find it ridiculous. I actually admire that you waited for the right moment and that you didn't go by people's expectations of when you should do certain things. I just hope I didn't ruin your first kiss...And second of all...I liked it."

Bella looks down shyly and lets silence consume them for a moment before she speaks again. "Do you know why I broke up with my ex?"

Alexander looks at her confused as to why she would talk about that now but still answers while he looks at her. "He cheated on you." His jaw clenches, wondering how can someone do that to such a sweet angel.