Chapter 16 | My drug

< Good morning, love.

Bella smiles as she reads the message she received from Alexander the second she woke up. The smile she went with to sleep immediately comes back as she types the reply and sends it.

Good morning Alexander. >

She still finds it a bit weird to call him by his name now but she's sure that she'll get used to it. Even his name is sexy. She thinks as she pictures him in her mind.

She was right when she thought she won't get much sleep. The said man that just sent another text was running in her head last night and her brain kept replaying their first kiss over and over again.

She shakes her head to get out of her daze, feeling her slip in it again and she takes her phone to see the new message from him.

< Are you maybe free today? I thought we could go grab lunch together or something.

Bella's smile flatters at his question. She would love to have lunch with him but she already agreed to have lunch with Caroline and Nate after classes. 

I'm sorry, but I can't...I already made plans with my friends...>

She bites her lip nervously as she waits for his answer. She hopes he's not mad or upset, but she can't cancel on Caroline and Nate. It wouldn't be fair and they have a rule to never cancel their time together if it's for someone else, unless it's something serious.

< Oh, okay. We can have lunch some other day then.

Bella feels awful and she wants to say yes to today's lunch but she can't. She thinks for a couple of seconds what to reply and comes up with a solution, hoping that he will accept and they could see each other at the end.

I'm really sorry...maybe we could see each other later today? Somewhen in the evening? >

< It's okay love, really. I know how much your friends mean to you and I would never mind you spending time with them nor would I ask you to not do it just so I could spend time with you.

< And I'll take you up on that offer. See you tonight, love ;)

Bella smiles widely burying her face into her pillow to squeal out of happiness before she sends him her last message.

See you, Alexander. >

With her cheeks hurting from how much she's smiling, she gets up from her bed and leaves her bedroom so she can take a shower and get ready for the day. 

...

Alexander smiles as he reads her last text. She called him by his first name and even though it's just a text, he could still hear how it sounded coming out of her mouth from last night.

He can't lie and say that he wasn't disappointed when she told him that she can't go to lunch with him but he was more than happy when she offered to see him later today. He also can't lie about the fact that he's already addicted to her and can't stand being away from her.

She's like a drug.

My drug, that will be the end of me.

The sound of a doorbell brings him out of his thoughts that are only filled with Bella and he groans as he stands up to answer his door.

Both of his friends stand on his doorstep. One grins like an idiot while the other glares at him. "Why are you two here?" Alexander leaves them at the entrance and goes back to his living room.