Chapter 5 | You again

"Bella?"

She freezes at the sound of a familiar voice and slowly looks up to meet the guy she never wanted to see ever again. Her ex.

"Noah..." Bella quietly lets out, surprised that she saw him again, but the surprise isn't pleasant.

"Hey, how are you? We didn't see each other for so long." Noah smiles at her but Bella looks away. Everything that happened between them is running through her mind and she just wants to run out of the restaurant so she doesn't have to face him.

"Yeah, I'm good. You?" She reluctantly asks so she doesn't seem unpolite.

"I'm good as well, just came here to have some lunch with-" He turns around and only then Bella notices that there is someone behind him. "With Jessica." He finishes his sentence as a redhead girl stands next to him.

Jessica. A girl with who he cheated on Bella.

Bella can only nod as she feels anger and sadness travel through her body. It's been almost a year since they broke up, but seeing him again and plus with her, doesn't make it any easier no matter how much time already passed.

She really didn't need this today, or ever.

Alexander can tell that Bella is feeling uneasy about those two, but doesn't know how to help her. He is a bit awkward and doesn't know how to console someone since no one ever cared for him that much, which resulted in him being confused about human feelings and what he should do about it.

But for some reason, he wanted to try and make those two people go away. He didn't know why but it bothered him to see Bella so uncomfortable.

As he was about to speak, Noah spoke before him and interrupted him. "Since we are all here to have lunch maybe we can catch up." Noah was already eyeing the table next to them and was trying to get the attention of the waiter so they can put their tables together.

But Alexander saw how Bella's eyes widened and her body language was telling him that she doesn't want that to happen and that she just wants to be left alone. So he quickly spoke.

"I'm sorry but we came here to enjoy our lunch by ourselves. We don't want any company." For better effect, Alexander took Bella's hand in his and Noah's eye immediately focused on their intertwined hands that lay on the top of their table.

Both Bella and Noah were shocked but Bella felt grateful that the man she barely knows tried to help her from this situation. She gave a small smile to Alexander and he smiled back while his thumb caressed the back of her hand gently.

"Oh alright, I understand. Well, I guess we'll leave you two. It was nice seeing you again Bella."

Bella only nodded and sighed in relief when they left their table.

"Who are those two? If you don't mind me asking." Alexander was curious and he couldn't stop himself from wanting to know. He could only guess but he wanted to make sure.

"Uh...he's my ex and that's his girlfriend. He um...cheated on me with her when we were together..."

Bella didn't know why she even told him. He didn't have to know, plus they weren't that close and this seemed like a private matter. But for some reason, she wanted to tell him, and she had to admit it felt good to finally say it. It's like she just came to terms with it, and she's okay with that.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." Alexander's expression softened as his thumb unconsciously caressed her hand.

"Please don't say that, it's not you who needs to apologize. And besides, I'm fine now, I moved on."