Chapter 17 | Date night

Bella is currently rummaging through her closet to find something nice to wear. Alexander told her that he is taking her to the restaurant and that she can wear whatever she wants. "You can wear whatever, love. You are beautiful either way." That was what he said earlier on the phone.

But Bella wants to look nice for him so she's looking for a dress. When she finally finds something she is satisfied with, she goes into the bathroom to take a shower and get ready, but she doesn't miss the teasing look Caroline sends her way.

She told her everything the second she got home last night. Caroline was worried because Bella doesn't stay out that late so Caroline was waiting for her and couldn't fall asleep until Bella got home. But Caroline, of course, wanted some explanation so Bella didn't have a choice but to tell her. 

But it's not like she wouldn't tell her either way, they are best friends after all.

"Remember to use protection!" Caroline yells after Bella, as the poor girl with red cheeks leaves their apartment after being done with getting ready.

We won't be needing that just yet.

The sound of Caroline laughing at Bella's baffled face echos through their dorm hallway as Bella closes the door and prays that no one heard Caroline.

She doesn't want to think about that, they just started their romantic relationship but she can't lie that it didn't cross her mind. Would she be finally ready to do it? 

With him, yes.

She might not know when she'll be ready but the way Alexander has been treating her till now, only shows how much he cares for her and how much she feels safe and comfortable around him, and how much she can trust him.

So it's safe to say that, when the time comes, she'll be ready, because it will happen with Alexander. A man she's falling in love with.

As her mind is occupied with that sweet man, she almost trips over the steps in the heels that Caroline made her wear. A string of curses and grunts fall out of her mouth as she steadies herself and she's glad that no one was around to see what just happened.

The frown that covered her face because of the slight ache in her ankle disappears when she opens the door of her dorm and in the view comes Alexander, waiting in front of his car with a big bouquet of red roses in his hand.

A bright smile covers both of their faces as their eyes connect and both start walking towards each other, Alexander not being patient to wait for her to come to him. 

"Hi..." Bella shyly greets him, feeling nervous at the sight of her man dressed in a black suit standing in front of her.

"Hello, love. You look gorgeous." Alexander compliments her after taking a good look at his girl. His heart beats hard against his chest as he takes in her beauty and wonders how he managed to win her over and have the honor of being hers.

"Thank you. You look handsome yourself," She smiles up at him and bites her lip as he leans down and kisses her cheek. "Thank you, love. These are for you." He hands her the bouquet and she closes her eyes as she inhales the beautiful scent of roses.

"They're so pretty! Thank you!" She lets out in an excited tone and makes Alexander's heart melt at her cuteness. But then she surprises him with a quick kiss on the lips, leaving him standing there with red cheeks.

Bella smiles softly, noticing how she made him feel flustered and she loves what effect she has on him. "Um, shall we?" Alexander clears his throat nervously and Bella nods, following him towards his car.

He opens the door for her and takes the roses so he can put them in the back for now and make her hands free, then closes her door when she settles in to get to his side and drive them towards their location.