five

five: you've got some explaining to do

THE HALLWAY STUDENTS WERE SENT TO THE GYM

aurora ignored rylie's questions by sitting down on the bleachers. in front of them was some random artist painting, the boys were playing basketball, and the two brunettes were sitting watching them both. aurora looked drained, her eyes were bloodshot, her face was pale- which rylie immediately freaked out, "you, aurora, you, have powers?" rylie whispered loudly.

"you did that on purpose flash!" the girl called out, her paint spilling all over her banner. aurora ignored rylie again as the ball landed at their feet.

"no, but i should've. you better watch your back." flash snapped back. aurora placed her earbuds in, rylie rambling on and on to her. she shut her eyes, purple flashes went through her mind- aurora's head fell off her hand, she caught herself by looking up at peter, who was picking up the girls paint bucket.

the ball came towards them again, peter reaching over and catching it with his barehand. he made it look effortless, in fact impossible. peter looked down at it, then over at aurora with a 'whatever' look on his face. "give it up parker!" quinn called out, his face drenched in sweat. peter looked at flash, who was walking towards him, his hands out for the basketball.

peter nodded, "one sec." he handed aurora his camera quickly, the brunette raising her eyebrow as peter sent her a wink. "how about you take it from me." rylie's mouth dropped open, she looked at aurora who was watching close as flash chuckled. the two met up at halfcourt, peter standing confidently. "go ahead, take it."

flash reached for the basketball, peter moving it behind his back to his left hand. flash stared at peter, he reached for it again- peter moving it to the other side again, raising it up above his head. flash reached for it once again, peter jumped, moving the basketball behind his back, shoving flash forward- then hitting him in the back with it.

"damn, your boyfriend got some moves." hannah stated making rylie and aurora look over at her. she had her band stuff in her hand, the flute case at her feet signaling she's been here for a while. aurora scoffed, raising her water to take a sip as the three girls watched from afar. peter smiled, a genuine smile.