six

six: scared of the dark

AURORA WAS NEVER SCARED OF THE DARK

she would sleep in the dark, she would favor the dark over the light. aurora grew up in a dark home, the lights were never on, the curtains were always shut. being afraid of something made aurora feel weak, who would be scared of the dark? aurora would turn off the lights because the dark made her feel comfortable.

thats why electra was at night, she hated the day, why save people during the day? electra was basically made to be a night hero, her powers is what people used to get light. aurora knew she should've known better, the light of being a superhero would soon turn into darkness- her powers were a curse, she wasnt special, she wasnt chosen. aurora got fucked over by the darkness because of a curse.

aurora never felt so hopeless, why her? why did this happen to her? why willa? willa was 15, she was going into 10th grade next year- she has so much life to live and because of the darkness willa will have to die. what would she tell freddy? he obviously had no idea any of this had happened, besides his 19 year old daughter being a superhero- he had no idea about the curse, collen, anything.

how many more people are going to get hurt because of aurora?

she couldn't loose peter, she couldn't loose gwen, hell if she lost anyone else aurora couldn't live with herself. aurora already felt so much guilt because of captain stacy. now quinn was dead: well he did that to himself but aurora felt so guilty. what did aurora do with this anger? take it out on the one thing she could... herself.

aurora was punching a punching bag, no gloves, no hand protection. her knuckles were bloody from being ripped open, sweat dripped down her forehead. her phone rang on the floor, next to her suit, next to her staff. she ignored the first ring, punching the bag so hard it flew crossed the room. aurora picked the phone up, "hi?"

peter was on the other side, "i'm picking you and willa up." he stated making aurora look over at her sister, "we're doing something to get our minds off of whatever is going on, no excuses." aurora chuckled softly, "be there in five."

"pete-"

"ah, no excuses. love you!"

PETER PARKER

PETER PARKER.

peter parker was something else.

aurora and him met at school when they were 10, it something dumb, aurora wanted to be better than him in science and peter had a cocky presence she hated. they became partners for a science project, peter did most of the work and aurora presented it. ever since that day, the two were a duo for years, some thought they were dating for this long.

peter parker knew when something was wrong his whole life. he saw the good and bad, the dark and light. he was forgiving, he never held grudges on anyone, his speciality. if you were close to him, he would remember everything about you, the simple things. your favorite color, favorite movie, what scared you, all of that.

peter was the light of auroras darkness. he was the person she went to and cried. he was the person who found out she was dating flash the first day. he knew everything about aurora, all her secrets, all her little conversations. aurora was the light to peter's darkness, every time he saw her, all his problems disappeared and made sure she was okay. if one of them were hurt, the other would drop everything and help them.

it was their thing.

peter found aurora and willa standing in the center of everyone, willa was looking around at shops with rylie and gwen- aurora just stood there, her eyes looking around for her light. she looked at the men, a glare on her face, which made them look away. aurora spotted her sister, she was picking up jewelry with a smile on her face. 

hands wrapped around aurora's waist, she knew exactly who they belonged to. she spun around, peter parker smiling down at her. they kissed, peter wrapping his hand in her hair, aurora placed her hand behind his head.  "how are you my love?" peter asked softly seeing aurora look back at her sister.

"could be better." aurora replied, "but its fine now that you're here." 

"well thats decently good." peter replied making aurora raise an eyebrow. they grabbed hands, aurora leaning into his arm as she blew out air. willa ran up to them, she hugged peter, the brunette smiling at the 15 year old. "everything okay?"

willa nodded, "now that you're here."

peter looked at aurora with a cocky face, aurora stuck out her tongue as willa walked away with gwen. the couple continued to walk, hand in hand, like nothing was wrong about what was going on. aurora bit her lip nervously, something about this whole curse-

"stop thinking about that aurora, your lip is bleeding." peter said, his eyes focused on aurora. she looked down at her feet, wiping the blood from her lip onto her shirt sleeve. the two stopped at a tree, aurora leaning against it laughing at peter who was 'hiding' behind it. peter smiled, he pressed a kiss to aurora's forehead, pulling aurora in for a hug. 

"oh, i got a internship to oscorp that i didn't apply for." aurora mentioned, her eyes looking at the bay in front of them. peter looked at her, aurora pulled out the envelope. her hands shook from being cold and her anxiety, peter grabbed them with his right hand and his left grabbed the envelope. "should i worried?"

"worried? no. skeptical? yes." peter stated, he put the envelope in his pocket, "mind-"

"no, no, take it." aurora stated, a soft smile on her face.

aurora suddenly felt sick, her chest was heavy, her eyes looked over at the city. peter did the same thing, his hand tightening on auroras. "go, i'll meet you there." aurora stated, her voice almost a whisper as peter pressed a kiss to her forehead- then disappearing into the night.

and for once, aurora was afraid of the dark.