eight

eight: i can't protect you, if you won't protect yourself

AURORA KINSLEY KNEW WHAT SHE DID WAS SELFLESS

she replayed that moment of shock in everyone's faces when she stepped in front of the electricity bolt. their faces is what kept aurora going, it was hope, they had hope. the family knew that if aurora didnt step in front of the electricity bolt, they all would be dead. electra saved their lives.

but almost lost hers.

aurora laid on peters chest, they both changed. aurora was still shaking, tears flooding her eyes as she tried to block out the memory. peter had his arm wrapped around his girlfriend, he kept rubbing small circles on her arm feeling her shake. she turned away from the tv, she tried to sleep, or block her brain out from thinking so much.

as the people on the tv explained why they thought spiderman didn't get electrocuted- peter looked down at his girlfriend. she was shutting her eyes, her face frustrated as she shifted to get in a comfortable position. peter shook his head, a small smile on his face as he got up. aurora slept on his bed, her arms wrapped around his pillow like it was him.

peter looked at his web shooter, then back at aurora. the girl was now turned towards the wall, his chest moving up and down slowly. peter laid down next to her, he wrapped his arms around the brunette, pulling her in close. "i can fix the web shooters if you want?" aurora whispered, still turned away from peter.

peter shook his head, humming in disagreement. "its okay." he whispered back, he kept replaying the memory of watching aurora fall to the ground in pain. he truly believed she had killed herself then and there, "i can fix them tomorrow." aurora turned to look at him, the tears falling down her face. "hey don't cry." peter wiped the tears off of her face.

aurora chuckled through the pain, "my life has gone to shit in 24 hours, and yet you still stay with me?" she asked, sitting up as she looked at the door. "i can leave, if you don't want to be pulled into his family mess-"

peter sat up, "no," he placed his hand under aurora's cheek, she shook her head, "i've been dragged into this already, and i'm not leaving you." he paused, "but i can't protect you if you won't protect yourself." 

aurora kissed him then and there, it was a forceful kiss. she kissed him like all the problems in her mind disappeared and he was the only thing on his mind. aurora kissed him like the darkness in her mind was covered by the only thing that was still shining, peter parker. it was like the sappy goodbye kiss in movies, the one where they kiss the person they love goodbye. she couldn't help but feel this week is gonna end badly.

peter kissed her back, aurora's back hitting the wall behind her. they stopped to take a breath, aurora smiling at him before he kissed her again. they both heard a knock on the window, "don't mind me you know?!" willa yelled, the couple looking at her quickly. peter groaned, he rested his head on aurora's shoulder as willa climbed in the window, "now what the actual fuck happened in times square?"

"don't wanna talk about it." aurora replied, laying her head down on peter's pillow. "go away please, i'm sure may would love to talk to you." willa flipped off her sister, she threw condoms at them making aurora glare at her sister.

"what? be safe kiddos!" willa stated before shutting the door.

aurora looked at peter, who was looking at something in his closet. "want to help me with something?" he asked, a smirk on his face seeing aurora glare at him. of course, aurora said yes. the brunette played music as peter pulled out his fathers bag, a lot of stuff falling out of it. "look up this."

aurora sat down on his chair, she typed in the words on the card. it came up as a hotel, "pete." she stated, leaning back into the chair as peter stood next to her, he began typing on the computer, putting his arm around aurora to do so. she blushed as papers began printing, now they were getting somewhere.

well peter was.

aurora fell asleep half way through the 'red tape cliche thing'. she laid on his bed, his sweatshirt pulled overtop of her body. peter stepped back, he placed a photo of aurora and him on his fall with 'do i have to loose you too?', he looked back at his girlfriend. willa was walking up the stairs, chuckling at something may said.

peter looked at his web shooter, then at aurora. 

that can wait.

THE NEXT MORNING CAME QUICKLY

aurora was sitting in peters garage, she was examining the web shooter. her eyes kept drifting open and closed, but she didn't mind. she was earbuds, it was of course, one direction. aurora leaned back in the rolling chair, she held the web shooter up to the light, "now, what can i do to help this?" she thought out loud.

"well you need a strong enough battery." peter mentioned, scaring the brunette quickly. she looked back at him, her eyes wide as she looked at herself, "not you, you've already been through enough."

after many failed attempts, all of them blowing up in their faces- peter setting his web on fire, which caused the two to scream as they blew it out, just to be safe they also waved their hands like dumbasses. aurora jumped behind him, after yet another failed attempt. "yeah, no." aurora stated seeing the battery was fucked.

aurora looked down at the envelope that was sitting on the kitchen table as they walked in, aurora noticed the oscorp writing- it was her acceptance letter. she read the letter once again, "fuck me!" she yelled making everyone look at her.

willa smirked, "well i mean, peter is-"

aurora ran upstairs, "fuck me! holy shit!" the brunette opened the guest bedroom door, she opened the drawers with her clothes in them. she threw them above her head, "something rich?! something fancy at least! fuck!" aurora found a red blazer, a black shirt, now for the pants. aurora dug through her closet, finding a red skirt. the time was 11:33, she had to be at oscorp at 11:35.

"fuck!" aurora screamed, running down the stairs as she threw on heels. willa watched in amazement, "peter, get your ass in the fucking car i swear to god!" peter blinked at his girlfriend, looked at the letter, then understood why she was so stressed. "peter!"

"right! right sorry!"