two

two: the future?

two: the future?

THE SOUND OF HEELS CLICKED ON THE  MARBLE FLOOR

a brunette woman, her hair pulled up into a perfect bun, walked through the halls of 'NYPD'. she held folders, 10 to be exact, her wedding ring on her finger shining from the lights. the woman made people look at her, some smiled, others feared- everyone knew who she was. the woman wore a red skirt, a red blazer with a black turtleneck underneath. 

the woman had a scar running along her throat, covered with the turtleneck- everyone knew it was there. she was imitating, that was for sure. her heels were the only sounds being made in that office, everyone stopped and stared. the woman smiled at the kids sitting there, the boys blushed and turned away- the girl's mouths dropped open.

"good morning mr. jameson." the woman spoke, placing down the folders on his desk. she walked out quickly, noticing the man sitting on the phone. the halls of NYPD were empty, people all in a board meeting or sitting on their asses waiting for the next call. the woman stopped in the hallway, she heard footsteps behind her- "i was waiting for your arrival, ms. julin."

lindsey julin stood there, her eyes on the woman in front of her. she looked different, high-lights in her hair, scars all over her arms- and of course, the fake arm. lindsey swallowed uncomfortably, she shifted on her right leg, which limped as she stepped forward. "i didn't expect to see you here." the julin chuckled, a soft smile on her face.

the woman in red shrugged, "just wanted to drop some folders off before i leave." lindsey leaned on the wall next to her, the two ex-friends stared at each other in comfortable silence. the woman dug into her purse, she pulled out a folder, "this one is for you."

lindsey grabbed the folder, she opened it to see the headline that never made the air. she felt tears come to her eyes, "i figured they needed some closure." the woman in red stated, her voice shaking- lindsey wrapped her arm around her old friend, "publish that, leave my name out of it..."

"don't worry."

then the woman in red was gone, vanished, disappeared.  . the lights flickered above lindsey, making her smile softly as she ran her finger over the two words: