10

Several minutes went by after Chikaima's sudden exit without any sign of her returning. Chidiogo glanced around in search of her every once in a while but with no success.

She tried her best to focus on Kamsi's detailed story of how to craft a ring from wires and beads but couldn't understand more than two words before getting distracted again.

She regretted asking her how she made her ring, feeling a bit sorry for her as she watched her trying to explain another pointless question she'd asked.

"Round nose pliers! You use round nose pliers! You can't form a loop with normal pliers."

Then she went on to explain how and why that wouldn't work. At a point Chidiogo got exhausted. If Kamsi really knew how much energy and saliva she was wasting by talking to her, she would probably hate her.

After about ten more minutes, Chidiogo couldn't wait around any longer. If Chikaima wasn't back that could only mean something had gone wrong.

She excused herself, promising to continue listening to Kamsi's lecture some other time before running off.

"But you'll be back!"

She managed to hear Kamsi's voice over the background noise before she put a good distance between them.

Though there was no need to be in a hurry, she found herself almost sprinting across the hall, occasionally bumping into sweaty bodies.

She had gone quite a long way in the same direction but couldn't find the exit. She looked around, confused for a moment. The hall was big but never this large, they hadn't gone that deep into it either so she couldn't understand why she couldn't find the exit.

It didn't help that the swaying bodies formed an obstacle to her path. She turned around, deciding to forget about finding Chikaima and head back to where Amelia and Kamsi were, when she collided with someone.

She gasped as she felt something cold make contact with her skin, crawling down her chest to her stomach. She stared wide-eyed at the puddle formed by the wine which poured on her.

The chiffon material felt clammy against her skin, gluing to it as the liquid, still trickling down her skin, started an itching sensation. The puddle formed on her shirt made the outline of her bust visible with the way the material adhered to her skin.

Out of instinct, she crossed her hands over her chest but made sure to not press the damp material further against her skin.

When she finally looked up from the mess, she found that the girl who spilled the drink on her had been apologizing to her.

"I don't know how it happened. Clumsy me-"

"It's okay," Chidiogo said attempting to leave.

"Let me help you wash it."

Chidiogo agreed because she didn't know the way to the bathroom and her skin was becoming more itchy by the second, it took a lot of control to not rip the shirt off her body there and then.

By the time they got to the bathroom, some of the wine had trickled into her trousers but she didn't mind much. She peeled the shirt off her skin and started splashing water on herself in a bid to get rid of the wine.

It helped and she got most of it off her skin but the smell remained. She grabbed a towel, hesitating a bit before giving in and using it to dry herself while the girl who spilt the wine on her washed her top.

"Wouldn't that just get it like really wet?" she asked, pausing to look at the girl who was engrossed in washing the top.

"It wouldn't be any better if you left it like that. Besides, it's easier to get the stain out now."