Independent - (Part 2)

This is the long awaited for part two of Independent - Liam. I hope you all enjoy and I'll see you for the final chapter of the book.

Sorry it's taken me so long to have it published.

If you have any last requests, now is the time to make them before I finish the book completely.

----

Louis' POV

Panic struck me as I watched Liam convulse and blood spew onto the carpet of the tour bus. Shit. I swore internally.

"Zayn get Paul. Now!" I yelled to my band mate before he rushed off in search of our tour manager.

Harry was busy comforting Niall who had a look of complete distress covering his face. I knew I was going to have to take care of Liam by myself until Zayn returned with Paul. I began rubbing circles in between Liam's shoulder blades as I hushed him, trying my best to keep him calm.

"Lou." Liam whimpered.

My heart shattered. His voice was full of pain. I can't believe this is happening. I knew something was wrong with Liam yet I didn't act on my instinct. Internally I curse myself as I worry about Liam but my main priority right now is keeping him calm.

I bring my hand up to his forehead in order to brush the hair out of his face and look him in the eyes. His eyes are full of sorrow and sadness. I can just tell that he feels awful right now. But that's not what worries me the most right now. What worries me the most is his burning skin beneath my hand.

The finally Paul bursts into the space with Zayn close behind him. I move out of the way giving him access to Liam. He begins to take in Liam's sick complexions before making an assessment of his temperature.

"His burning up." Paul mutters.

Zayn runs his hands though his hair, stress consuming him. Niall softly sobs into Harry's shoulder obviously scared for Liam while Harry and I can do nothing but watch. We're all worried about our poorly friend, all of us wanting to know why he's so sick and why he threw up blood.

"I've called an ambulance. All of you get dressed quickly. Grab some clothes and essential item for Liam. I'm going with him to the hospital, Paddy will drive the four of you and you'll meet us there." Paul instructed us.

----

Harry's POV

We all sat in complete silence. The only sound that could be heard was Niall's muffled sobs as he cried into Zayn's shirt. None of us could quite comprehend this mornings events. None of us knew what was happening. We couldn't grasp the concept that Liam might be seriously ill. There are a number of possibilities but none of us are thinking of the outcomes. Which in it's own way is a blessing. 

The last thing we saw of Liam was him being rushed into the back of an ambulance. It was a terrifying sight. We won't hear any more news on our friends condition until we arrive at the hospital to meet Paul. 

Upon our arrival we are quickly hustled inside by Paddy. Paul comes to meet us in a large waiting room at the hospital entrance. Silently he leads us through the large hospital up levels and along hallways until we finally reach another waiting room where we're told to sit down.

Zayn is the first one out of us to talk.

"What's going on?"

"He's been taken into surgery.  Liam has an appendicitis. We're lucky that we got him here before it burst. They said that if we hadn't brought him in today it could've been much worse." Paul spoke softly.