7 Minutes Of Heaven (Part 1)

Y/N's P.O.V

It was now Friday meaning that Drake's party was tonight and that it's the fucking weekend. After hanging out with Ariana on Monday night she's been different. She won't respond to my texts or even look at me in the hallways at school. It's super awkward in Italian because we sit next to each other but she won't say a word.

Word around the school is that she's talking to somebody named Sean. Apparently he's on the boys football team. I shrugged it off because well she wasn't my girl and I'm a Brown. Us Browns don't get in our feelings about anything, especially women. Chris and I have stuck to that for so long and it's helped in a lot of situations.

The bell rings pulling me out of my thoughts. It was now lunch time so after putting my textbook in my locker, I walked to my lunch table. The girls were already there.

"What's up handsome?" Kehlani says.

"Hey honey." I respond, blowing her a kiss.

"Oh you're cute." She says.

"I know." I say.

"So who's ready to get high and drunk tonight?" Lauren asks excitedly.

"I am. It's been awhile since I let loose and enjoyed myself." Ally answers.

"Yay Allysin." Camila cheers.

"I'll be right back. I need something to drink." I say.

"Get me a tea." Normani says.

"Bet." I respond.

I get up and head to the vending machine. I grab myself a blue Gatorade and get Normani a tea. I turn  around but stop in my tracks when I collide into another person. Luckily, I held on to the drinks like a pro.

"Damn Victoria, am I invisible to you?" I ask.

"Not anymore." She answers.

"Oh so I was before? That's tough." I say.

"Shut up Y/N, I was joking." She says.

"Yeah so was I." I respond.

She rolls her eyes and grabs her drink from the machine.

"Don't roll your eyes at me, Monét." I lightly laugh.

"And what are you gonna do about it?" She asks, getting a little close to my face.

"Oh you're that type? I like them feisty." I wink and walk back to my table.

I didn't even intend to flirt with her, it just happened. Victoria was Ariana's best friend after all but she didn't seem to care in that moment. Maybe I shouldn't care about it either.

"Victoria huh?" Dinah teases.

"It wasn't even like that." I respond and hand Mani her tea.

They all look at me with blank expressions across their face.

"We've known you long enough to know that you're lying." Camila says.

"I'm not lying. Y'all know that it's just a habit for me. It's like I can't help but flirt when I'm in the presence of a pretty woman. I respond.

"Oh so you think she's pretty?" Lauren asks.

"I'd have to be blind if I said no." I answer.

"What happened to Ariana?" Ally asks.

"She's riding the Sean train apparently." Kehlani says.

"Oh look there she goes." Normani points.