End of an Era

Li
This really the last chapter holy fuck🥲

Almost teared up just thinking about it

Ariana/You damn sure ain't endgame in this first book but you will be in the second

______________________

A few months later

The NBA draft. I've been waiting my entire life for this day. I've been watching everyone else do some incredible things lately but tonight is about me.
The girls became a girl group. Kehlani is doing her own thing. Courtney and Victoria are out in L.A with Ari.

And Nicki is the newest up and coming female rapper for YMCMB. It's kind of crazy to think that she's my girlfriend now. If anybody would've told me some months ago that we would be dating I would probably call them crazy.

But alongside that came with upsetting a few people and getting everyone's opinion.

*FLASHBACK*

But there was a text that left me stuck. A text from someone that I thought would never text me again.

ari🤍- can we talk?

Me- sure

She texted me where she was on this crowded field. When I spotted her, I smiled a little. She looked adorable in her cap and gown.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey." She says looking up at me.

I clear my throat a little as it got silent. "So what's up?"

"I know this probably isn't the best place for this but I miss you. I want to rekindle what we had. I still love you." Ariana says.

Wow. I was expecting a congratulations on graduating. Not this shit.

"We both know it's not gonna work. You stay in L.A now and I could get drafted to Detroit for all I fucking know. Besides I kind of have my eye on somebody." I respond.

"Oh. I, um, that's cool. I'm happy for you." Ariana says hurt and disappointment laced all in her voice.

"Ari, I love you, I do. I just think it'd be best if we're friends." I say.

"Friends? Yeah that's fine." She replies not even looking me in the eyes.

"I've, uh, been watching ya show. Been listening to your music. Hope you know I'm extremely proud of you." I say.

"Thanks. It means a lot." She lightly smiles.

I hate hurting her feelings. Especially knowing that I'll always love her. But I know it just won't work out.

_____________________

"You're dating Nicki?" Normani, Ally, and Camila yell in unison.

"Yeah." I say.

"Bullshit." Kehlani says aloud.

"Right. I don't believe you." Dinah adds agreeing with Lani.

"Neither do I. As far as I know she doesn't even like you." Lauren says.