Another Party

3 Weeks Later, Friday Afternoon

I've been avoiding Ariana at all costs. Well I've been trying to at least. Her friends and my friends hang out a lot more together since the party so it's been kind of hard to get away from her. Everyone has gotten so close that not only do we all sit together at lunch but we're all in a giant group chat with each other.

On the other hand of that, Victoria and I are now technically dating. I still never told her about the several kisses Ariana and I shared at the party or the little shit that she does when no one's watching. She'll either wink at me or look at me in a way that somewhat turns me on.

They seem to still be best friends with each other so I guess everything is all cool between them. Speaking of them, they were now sitting in the gym along with the other girls. There was basketball tryouts going on and they wanted to watch.

I didn't have to tryout since I was captain of the team but I still had to be here. Coach had a family emergency and trusted me to run tryouts and choose the team for this year. So here I was in the gym about to start tryouts in a few minutes.

I had on a white t-shirt, black Jordan shorts and some Jordan 11s. I turn my attention back to Chris because he was talking to me.

"Yeah I'm not doing it." He says.

"Oh come on, please?" I ask.

"No." He answers.

"Why not? You're good and we can use you on the team." I interject.

"I'd rather stick to singing and dancing." He responds.

"I'm practically begging you at this point. You wouldn't even have to tryout like everyone else. Can you just say yes?" I ask.

"Yeah but no." Chris says.

We walk over to the girls but don't stop our conversation.

"Come on Chris, you're actually good. I'm tired of carrying this team every year. Please?" I ask again.

"Y/N is saying please? That's really shocking." Dinah laughs.

"The world must be ending." Ally adds.

"Are you asking him to join the team again?" Victoria asks.

"Yeah and he's still saying no. What do I got to do for you to join the fucking team?" I ask.

"Nothing cause I'm not gonna do it." He answers.

"Babe I think you should join. Plus it's our last year here, what do you got to lose?" Nicki says to Chris.

"Okay fine I'll join the damn team." He says.

"Yes." I cheer and silently thank Nicki.

Chris was so whipped for her and he wouldn't of joined unless she said something about it.

"Shouldn't you be running tryouts right now?" Kehlani asks.

"I have a few minutes until it starts." I reply.

Victoria lightly pulls me by my shirt and I already knew that meant she wanted a kiss. I lean down and give her a simple kiss only because we were out in public.

"Aww aren't you two cute." Courtney says.

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Ariana clench her fist. I chuckle to myself and then kiss Victoria again because I know it pisses her off. I catch her roll her eyes and silently cheer to myself. I don't know why but I enjoyed making her mad. I kiss Vic on the head before dragging Chris back on the court.