Red Lights

Today was the day to present our projects in music class. Stupidly, I didn't want to present the song Chris and I made, and I wasn't. Last night I created a different song.

Thoughts of Ariana ran through my mind while making it as well as that night with Billie. I laced up my Black Cat 4's and put on my black hoodie.

"Yo, Chris." I say walking into his room.

"What's up?" He says.

"I want to change our song." I reply.

"Nigga what? That shit is due today." He says looking at me like I'm crazy.

"I know but I already written it and created the instrumental. Mrs. Lewis said that there are no boundaries so it's kind of sexual." I say.

"Oh, now we talking." Chris replies.

With the last forty five minutes, we recorded it and uploaded it to a usb drive. I placed it in my pocket and headed out the door. I drove to Ariana's house as I usually do to pick her up.

For the first time in a long time she wore a crop top.

"Hey, pretty

"Hey, pretty." I say as she got in the car.

"Hey babe." She says pecking my lips.

"Are you ready for presentations?" I ask.

"I am. What about you?" She replies.

"Well Chris and I changed our song this morning but I'm very confident in what we have. I'm curious to know what you and Nicki came up with." I answer.

"You're gonna love it." She says.

We enter the school and go to straight to our first period class since the bell had already rang.

The first three periods were a pain in my ass. They seemed extra fucking long and I hated it. Walking into my next class, I prepared myself to present Chris's and I song.

"Hey loser." Dinah says.

"Hey dinahsaur." I reply.

She mean mugs me because of the nickname but proceeds to talk. "We need to talk later, dawg."

"About?" I ask.

"Billie." She answers.

My throat goes dry and I stare at her while saying nothing. "She came to me about something and boy are you lucky that I know how to keep secrets."

Aw, fuck. Billie had to tell Dinah about the shit we did. There's nothing else that it could be.

"Alright I'm coming over to your house after school." I say.

"Cool." She replies.

I see my favorite girl enter the room and a smile creeps up on my face. She sits next to me as usual.