The Trial

"Can you explain to the jury what happened on the night of November 14th?" ADA Carisi asked me.

"I was hanging out with a friend when I got a call from Ariana. When I answered it was very quiet on the other end. I asked her what was up and she replied in a whisper like she was afraid to speak up. She told me come over immediately. I asked what was wrong and she told me that she was scared. She said that Malcom raped her." I answered.

"What happened when you arrived at the house?" He asks.

"Her parents and older brother were gone. I seen Malcom in the kitchen and his eyes were red like he was on drugs. I couldn't live with the thought of him hurting Ariana so I beat him. When I seen Ariana she had blood all over her, her face was badly bruised, and she looked as if she'd been crying nonstop." I say.

"Thank you. No further questions." Carisi said.

"So without any real proof or knowledge that my client raped this girl you decide to violently attack him?" Malcom's lawyer asks.

And here comes the bullshit. I mean what type of question even is this? A dumb one, a very fucking dumb one.

"Rape isn't a joke nor do I take it lightly. Anyone could tell me they've been raped and I'll believe them. All actions have consequences." I say.

"Perhaps they do. What were you really doing the night this happened?" He asks.

This is exactly what Captain Benson warned me about. He's trying to get under my skin but I won't let it happen. I'm not the victim or the suspect here after all.

"Like I said I was hanging out with a friend of mine. Her name is Billie. We went to an arcade and then went back to her house. Not even a full twenty minutes after we got back was when I got Ariana's call." I say.

"No further questions." He said in defeat.

Being up here is fucking intimidating, I wonder how Ariana is gonna handle this.

___________________

Ariana's P.O.V

"Carisi is about to call you in soon. It may seem scary but you got this." Detective Rollins tells me.

"He's going to try to get under your skin in any way possible. Don't let him get any power over you." Captain Benson said.

I take a huge deep breath and try to shake off my nerves. It was about her five minutes before I was now sitting at the stand. From this point of view it was nerve wracking. Everyone's eyes are on you. Mainly his.

It was my first time seeing him since the situation. I could feel myself start shaking a little. Even though there was security and the SVU cops here, I was still petrified of him.

"I know being here isn't ideal for you and you've already been through a lot but can you please walk us through what happened?" Carisi asks.

"It was the 14th, a Saturday to be exact. Y/N and I were supposed to go on a date but I canceled it. Malcolm said he something really important to talk to me about. I sat outside with him so we could talk. I was a little upset about ditching Y/N so I kind of snapped on him." I start.

Mac had a smirk on his face like he had no remorse for what he'd done. That started to get to me until I remembered that this is exactly was Benson was talking about. He's trying to fuck with me. He's taunting me.

"Please continue." Carisi says.

I stop looking at Mac and get my thoughts back together before speaking. "I was a little harsh in the way I spoke to him. I just wanted to know what was so important that I had to bail on my girlfriend. He seemed surprised that Y/N was my girlfriend. I think it also made him mad because he was trying to tell me that he liked me. I told him I don't feel the same way about him and he flipped out. He called me many different names. I started to back away from him but he just followed."