Championship

I swear I'm gonna update my other books I'm just so stuck on this one rn

Happy Reading 😁

_________________________

Two Weeks Later

Today's the day. Last game of the season. The championship game. I started the day with some intense workouts. I was now hidden away in the gym just putting shots up. I like to tune almost everything out so I can focus on the game. I can't let anything or anyone bother me today.

DJ got cleared to play for today. Her nose wasn't fully healed but she had a mask. It was face guard simply used to protect broken noses.

Now Dinah and I still don't speak and quite frankly I don't even care. Her and Camila still mess around as far as I know. Lauren ain't taking that too well and for Normani, we still fuck around as well.

I swore that it was going to be a one time thing and I was wrong. I don't know what we are nor do I know what we're doing. We kind of act like a couple but I'm not so sure I would call us that.

As for the group, everything is off. Lauren and Normani won't speak to Dinah nor Camila. I don't fuck with Dinah at all. Ally, Kehlani, and Victoria keep trying to play peacemaker. While Courtney and Nicki are just enjoying the drama like it's a reality show.

But I don't pay attention to that anymore. At least not today I don't. My mind is on the game.

Nothing else but the game.

___________________

Ariana's P.O.V

I took in a deep breath of fresh air as I stepped off the plane. It feels so good to be back home. I wasn't here for long. In fact I only came to come watch Y/N play in the championship game. She doesn't know I'm here and I'm perfectly fine with that. Although I do plan on speaking to her.

I managed to get time off from filming Sam & Cat just so I could be here. While I was gone I had Courtney keep me updated on Y/N. We are broken up but I do still love and care for her. That's never going to change.

So it hurt me, badly, when I found out that she moved on with Normani. I was confused because when I left Dinah and Normani were together. But Court told me everything about Y/N and Dinah fighting and all the other stuff that I suppose led Y/N to end up with Normani.

As hurt as I was and still am, I realized that if Y/N is happy then that's all that matters. No matter what she's still the love of my life which is why I'm here to support her.

"Oh I've missed Miami so much." Liz says.

"You and me both." I respond.

We'd be staying at Courtney's house while we're here. We hailed a cab and went there first. We met up with Court and started to get ready for the game. We'd link up with Vic and Nicki at the school.

I was nervous to say the least. I'm really gonna see Y/N again.

Except this time, she's not mine.

______________

Y/N P.O.V

Twenty minutes. The biggest game of my career so far starts in twenty minutes. As much as I prepared for this I'm still nervous. There's hella NBA scouts and a few Miami Heat players here, like Jimmy Butler.

This building is packed ranging from students to school faculty, down to media outlets. I even heard some guys from Ball is Life and House of Highlights are here.

All I wanted was to win. It didn't matter if I played good or not anymore. Tonight I have to win, that's it, that's all.

The team sat in the locker room as Coach T was going over last minute plays, the starting lineup, and lastly a speech to get everyone fired up. After that we all ran out into the court.