Partners

I walked into school the following Monday with a shitty attitude. Victoria won't be here for the entire week because of some family trip and that was why. I was missing my baby. My entire day was already thrown off. I walk up to the group but stay silent.

"Oh someone is missing their woman." Dinah teases.

"Shut up before I take Normani and then you'll be alone." I say.

"Ha that's tough." Kehlani laughs.

"I'll take Ally too." I say.

"That's tough times two." Nicki laughs along with Courtney and Liz.

"Oh before I forget, congratulations Dinah Jane, you're on the basketball team." I say.

"I ain't even tryout for that shit." Dinah replies.

"Doesn't matter, Coach T really fucked up letting me choose the team this year. Me, you, and Chris could be the new Steph, Klay, and KD." I respond.

"Fine, I'm kind of excited for it." Dinah shrugs.

"Y'all heard of that project that we're getting in music class?" Normani asks.

"Project? I just got transferred to that class for fourth period." Ariana says.

"Then you have that period with literally all of us." Lauren says.

"You're gonna have so much fun with us." Camila says to Ari.

"I'll see y'all later." I say to everyone.

"You're bailing on first period?" Normani asks because I had that class with her and Ally.

"Yeah but you got Als so you'll be alright." I answer.

"You miss Victoria that bad that you're skipping classes? That's love right there." Liz says.

I shake my head and laugh at her silly comment before walking away to the gym. 

"Hey Coach T." I say.

"Hey Y/N, I went over the list and I'm happy with the team you chose. We're in for a good year." He says.

"We sure are." I respond with a smile on my face.

Basketball would surely put me in a good mood since Victoria isn't here.

"I just came to see the team you put together and I'm proud of it. Nice jersey and shoes by the way." Coach T says before leaving. He hasn't been here much cause his wife, Mrs.T, just had a baby.

I look down at the jersey I was wearing and smile. Kobe was one of my biggest inspirations.

I throw my backpack to the side and start putting some shots up

I throw my backpack to the side and start putting some shots up. It slowly but surely made me feel better. There was just something about the sound of the net when the basketball swishes through.