Game 1

Turning on my loud Bluetooth speaker, I started practicing in the empty school gym. This is what I did every game day. I would lock myself in the gym hours before the game and get in my zone. Besides me from being super dedicated to my craft, it helped me to not have a terrible game.

I play my workout playlist and Lil Uzi Vert's song 'Sauce it Up' starts playing. I started it simple with layups and expanded to midrange shots. Still working my way further from the hoop, I was now working on my three point shot.

The music changed and it was now Travis Scott 'Franchise' that was playing. I began to dunk a few times just letting myself get loose. I didn't do anything crazy though as I don't want to accidentally injure myself.

"Wow, you jump very fucking high." I hear Ariana say.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I'm here to watch you play. You know be your personal cheerleader." She answers.

"You do know the game is in like three hours right?" I ask.

"Yeah, I know that and I'm just here to support you ahead of time. Besides I thought you would really like my outfit." Ari says unzipping her jacket.

Of course it was my jersey. She turned around showing my last name and the number eight. Obviously my jersey number was Kobe inspired. She looked really fucking good in it though.

"I love your outfit. That's the best jersey you could wear in all of Miami not including D-Wade. But something is telling me that you're here because you missed me." I say.

"Oh you know me so well." Ariana says capturing my lips with hers. Pulling her closer into me, I deepen the kiss.

"Seriously?" I hear.

"You two are so cute it's sickening." Another voice says.

I look up and it was Chris and Dinah with their girlfriends. Of course they'd be here to get a quick practice in too.

"Shut up." I say.

"You ready for the first game of the season?" Dinah asks.

"I'm more than ready. This is my senior year and I need to prove that I deserve being the number one pick in the NBA draft." I answer.

"We all know you're going number one. The real question is what team holds the number one spot? Like what if you get drafted to Orlando or Washington? Both of those teams equally suck." Chris asks.

"Won't find out until the end of the season. I'm hoping it's either the Lakers, Golden State, Memphis, or Boston." I reply.

"You'd look sick in a Memphis jersey." Dinah says.

"Yeah it would be nice. For now let's get some shots up." I say.

____________________

Sitting in the locker room with the team moments before the game started, Coach T was going over game plans. I wasn't paying attention like I should've but I wasn't really worried. Our first game was against Wildwood and as far as I know they suck. Once Coach T left, everyone began talking to each other.

"You heard Dylan transferred to Wildwood?" Chris asks.

"You have to be joking. Why Wildwood?" I respond.

Dylan was a top five player in the state yet he chose that school. They suck every year. It made me realize how happy I am that I'm at Northside.

"Good player, terrible team equals outstanding stats. That's what the scouts look at." Dinah answers.