Graduation

There's a lot of foreshadowing in this chapter

Pay close attention.
____________________

The time is here. The last fucking day of showing up to this damn school. I've been reflecting on my time here lately. All the shit that I've gone through in just this school year alone.

From dating both Victoria and Ariana, meeting Billie, losing Ariana, falling out with my all time best friend, fucking with Normani, winning the state championship, and hella shit in between. This is just a portion of what's to come.

If I didn't know it before, I would soon find out that my closest friends including Billie, Courtney, Vic, and Nicki, would become a staple in my life. That my senior experience is a walk in the park compared to life after it.

I would soon learn that the woman my mind is telling me to love isn't the same woman my heart chooses to love. That my dearest twin brother will soon become my enemy. That my mother is the only person who genuinely cares for me.

And when it comes to love, I had already met the love of my life. She was indeed my high school sweetheart.

But after all, this was life after graduation.

_____________________

Earlier that Day

Graduation. The day that myself and so many others have been waiting for. After today my life would sure change as well as the lives of my closest friends.

Dinah, Normani, Ally, Camila, and Lauren decided to audition for the X-Factor. Kehlani was more into America's Got Talent. Chris already had a record deal waiting for him after he graduates. As well as I, but I turned it down. Simply because I have already declared for the NBA draft.

Despite my knee injury causing me to miss majority of the season, I was still projected to go number one. Although the record deal offer was still on the table at anytime.

Victoria wanted to be a songwriter and has even been writing songs for Ariana's upcoming album. Both her and Courtney were gonna join Ariana in L.A. Nicki wanted to be a rapper. She had an offer from Lil Wayne to join Young Money.

Our future was already set. Or so we thought.

________________________

Here I was, in the empty school hallway. The graduation was taking place on the football field. I had my cap and gown on. It was the last minute jitters about actually walking across the stage.

Like what if I trip and bust my ass? In front of everyone, that would be embarrassing. I would never be able to live that down.

Now I could've sworn I was inside the school alone since everyone is out on the field. But noise from the ladies restroom told me otherwise.

Me being alone with no one around, hearing shit, yeah not today Satan. Although it was someone's voice, a recognizable voice.

I opened the restroom door and seen Nicki looking at herself in the mirror.

"Are you talking to yourself?" I ask.

She looks at me through the mirror. "First off, fuck you for scaring me half to death. Secondly, no."

She definitely was but I'm gonna let it go.

"What are you doing in here? Ya know the ceremony is about to start." I say.

"You ask a lot of questions." Nicki said.

I sighed at her curving the question. "I know you don't like me. You never have but I just want know if you're okay or not. I mean today is the biggest day of our lives so far."