I have to call my sister.

A/N: You are so fucking welcome for this.

SCARLETT'S POV:

    "Just please do not leave me hanging Sierra please.." I speak into the phone. Harry clears his throat and I roll my eyes. "Us.. Don't leave either of us hanging please." I correct myself, and Harry nods, looking at me intensely like if he stares hard enough he'll hear the convo.

    "I will, I'm not dying, I'm an hour away in a hospital." She jokes, though it's really not time for that.

    "That you wouldn't let either of us come to.. So we're going to be worried okay?" I ask her.

    "I wouldn't let you come because this doctor is going to be straight forward, and I'd rather you hear bad news from me, not some asshole doctor okay?" She asks, and I nod, already knowing her reasoning.

    "I'm just nervous, Sierra okay? I'm worried." I admit.

    "I am too.. I know it's going to be fine, it'll work out the way it's supposed to." She promises me with her voice, and I know that she's right but I can't have her dying.. That can't be the way things are supposed to be, I won't have it.

    "I love you so much.. I won't call you, I'll wait until you call me." I tell her.

    "I love you, and tell him I love him, I know he's probably just as worried." She laughs.

    "He is, I'll tell him.. Call me when you need to." I tell her, and hang up, slipping my phone from my hand and onto the counter top.

    "What did she say?" He asks me, and I shrug, and shake my head, my brain practically bouncing off the walls of my skull. It's working overtime today, but it has been since Sierra booked this appointment.

    "She said she loved you.. And that everything will be fine." I tell him, paraphrasing what she said.

    "She's right, it's all going to be fine." He tells me, and I roll my eyes, wishing for something, anything to distract me right now.

    "I really don't want to hear that. I'm tired of everyone telling me everything is daisies and sunshine and that it'll all be okay. It doesn't feel okay." I tell him as I walk around him and into the kitchen. There's dishes in the sink from dinner last night.. Harry has a dishwasher of course, but I can use my hands.. Pass the time.. I start running the water, stopping up the drain, and I add soap. I take one of the scrub brushes and start using it, working away on one of the pans.

    "Are you.. Are you cleaning?" He asks.

    "It's not funny. Yes I'm cleaning. I'm distracting myself, and it's not working because you are distracting me from distracting myself.. So unless you're going to help, go away." I look at him, and he's smirking.

    "You're cute." He compliments.

    "You're insufferable." I insult.

    "I can help." He speaks out, and my mind barely registers his words. I wonder if Sierra is actually in the office, in a room, in a gown. I wonder if they let Birdie go in with her or if they made Birdie stay in the waiting room. "I said I can help." He offers.

    "Then pick up a scrub brush." I nod my head, seeing my soapy hands scrub the dish clean.

    "I'm not talking about cleaning." He laughs, and then I think of the MRI machine.. That's what it's called right? The one that's big and makes the scary noise, the one that gets scans of her brain? I should know more about this, I should be more focused on this. I should be there.

    "Then what?" I ask, keeping my eyes trained on the dish in my hands.

    "I'm about a hundred percent sure that dish is now cleaner than when I bought it." He tells me, and I start thinking about if it's really clean.. The hospital.. Sierra is compromised since she's on chemo.. Sierra could get sick, get an infection, and that could kill her.