Are you talking to God?

SCARLETT:

    I don't even remember the last time I went on a legitimate date. I know for a fact I have never in my life been on a date as fancy as this one, but all I hope for is that we're not around other fancy rich people.. Because if we are, I will not fit in at all, and will most likely get us kicked out.. Either way, I don't know how this will go, or what could come from a date.. Is something going to magically change between us.. Will this be when he realizes I'm not a good girlfriend? Who knows.. The bedroom door opens as I sit in the bathroom. I'm sitting on the counter, my feet in the sink as I get ready.

    "Hey big bitch." I turn to see Sierra walking in, Birdie behind her.

    "Hey little bitch." I speak out, turning back to the mirror.

    "Hi Scarlett." Birdie waves, and pushes herself up on the counter.

    "Hi Birdie." I smile back to her, and turn the curling iron upwards, trying to get it perfect for the hair closest to my face.

    "You're going to burn your face off." Sierra tells me.

    "Yeah I'm aware that's why I never use these stupid fucking tools. But I wanted to do something different, okay? And shouldn't you guys be setting things up? Wasn't that your job?" I ask the two of them as Sierra takes the curling iron from my hands.

    "We already did that, and it's ready for the two of you, especially since you're leaving like super soon." Birdie tells me, and Sierra pulls on my shoulder, turning me around.

    "I'm almost ready.. I just needed to finish my hair." I motion to my head, and turn towards Sierra, still sitting on the counter. She reaches up, wrapping the end of my hair around the curling wand, and I look at her, my hands shaking a bit.

    "Is that why you couldn't curl your hair?" She asks, motioning to my hands as she holds my hair to the hot iron.

    "I'm nervous.." I admit to both of them.

    "Just treat it like you're going out like you did before you started dating." Birdie tells me, and I sigh.

    "Yeah I've tried to do that, but the thing about it is.. My brain doesn't work like that at all. Like I try to convince myself this is the same thing, and then I remember the dress that's worth hundreds or more, and him, and the fact that he had to have you guys set it up for him, and I know it's not normal.. Not even remotely close because the things we did as friends were sloppy and mundane, and this doesn't feel like that." I tell her, and she smirks.

    "Well you're right.. This date is a really really cute date.. And it's going to be perfect Scarlett, there's no need to be nervous.. It's just Harry." She tells me, and I know she's right. It is just Harry, but it's.. He's not just Harry anymore, he's more.

    "Okay little sister talk now." Sierra tells me, and I roll my eyes before she starts, already knowing how this is going to go. "Suck it the fuck up, and go get your man.. Scarlett, he would kiss.. No he would literally lick the ground you walked on if you asked him to. He fucking loves you, and he planned this date for you, and you're going to have the best time ever, you know that in the back of your head I know you do... Plus you look really good." She nods her head to the mirror for me to look so I turn, and my hair looks perfect. It's only lightly curled considering it's so short, but it looks good.. I did my makeup soft, golds and pinks to match the dress, but match my hair too. I look soft.. That's the only way to put it.

    "Now the dress.." Birdie hops off the counter, and grabs it from the bedroom. She brings it back to me, and I look at it.

    "Dear god, please don't let me fuck this dress up." I sigh out, and start taking my clothes off. Once I'm braless, and in my underwear I steal the dress from Birdie, and step into it, feeling Sierra's hands on my back, zipping me up.