54 📞 worth melting for

Bold - Ni-ki

Italic - You

☏ ⚊ ☏

It hasn't been a day since Ni-ki broke the news that rattled her world.

Her heart was still pounding against her chest, but painfully and the gears in her mind pumped with renewed vigor as she jumped from one scenario to another, trying to arrange them in a cohesive order, though her emotions is all over the place.

She could not imagine how she could cope in losing her only connection with Ni-ki, and even though Alex was now noisier than ever in the living room with his own little friends coming over for a Pajama Party, she couldn't have any kind of energy to remind them to tone it down.

When usually, she's the order of the house if the parents are out.

They're now on their way to supermarker to buy more snacks for the children's fun and when they asked her what she wanted, they backed out from seeing their daughter is on her bed, staring blankly in the ceiling.

Probably experiencing her own first little heartbreak, they thought.

There was no doubt that Ni-ki's additional role in her day-to-day life have touched her heart, warmed as easily as chocolates melting over the heat of fire.

She could just never imagine after the sweetness of the ice cream, it will melt into something watery subsstance which would then be evaporated down the ground.

Then nothing. Just like what she had with Ni-ki.

The idol was like her second home after her family, and the thought of imagining he'll be attached to someone else not her, made her jealous.

Y/N waved her irrational thoughts away. She was being ridiculous.

Rather than acting out on what she was feeling inside, she just went to go in the kitchen to get a snack and saw her brother in there, up in the counter, hiding away from his friends with a tub of ice cream in front of him.

"How's Ni-ki sunbae doing?", he asked over a spoonful of mint chocolate ice cream.

"We're not talking anymore", Y/N heard the wince in her voice.

She waited for three seconds to let the impact of her words sink in. Alex seemed to pick up on her tone as he stopped from munching the ice cream and swallowed it down his throat, though the serious moment between them is punctuated with the cheers from the living room.

"What do you mean?", Alex had enough sense to ask it hesitantly.

"He chose not to talk to me anymore. He said the call from earlier would be the last"

Saying the words aloud only consolidated the truth.

Alex was so overcome with indignation that he could only voice a seris of splutters. A minute passed before he manage to shout, "What? There's no way he'll not be talking to us anymore. He was so happy too when he met us the first time!"

"I don't know, Alex. It had to be this way because well, he's an idol"

"Does that really matter?", he asked, voice thick with concern.

"You see, Alex, there's so many things in the line for him if he was caught", Y/N said softly, "I mean, Idol life isn't as easy as you think. It isn't all about glamorous and expensive stages with people loving you every minute. In just wrong move, everyone will turn their back on you"

"I know that", Alex delivered his opinion as best as he could understand the situation, "I also know that people tend to look at them as if they were dolls. That's what our teacher told us. Some fans think they were some kind of their toys, like a figure they wanted to control at will!"

"They also have to suffer with people who they don't know if they really love them as they are or -", Y/N paused as her chest heaved a sigh.

She knew what she wanted to say but will Alex understand? In the best she could, she tried to explain, "-if they loved them in this image some fans tried to build them to be. But they're just human too and sometimes showing it was too much to ask for"

"But I know that's not what you had in mind. You have a crush on him, do you?", Alex sounded like he was reciting something he heard once from the adult.

Y/N was seized with an urge to protest that he shouldn't know those things, "Yes, but well, I can't do something about it now. Maybe I should just move on. It's not like he had a big part in my life", is what she sad instead.

"And one of the Winnie The Pooh's  character once said 'sometimes the smallest things takes up the most room in our heart', who can say he wasn't that for you?"

"Yeah, maybe you're right. Just go back now to your friends", she actually have no idea why is Alex suddenly talking like that.

Maybe from watching too much Disney movie tonight with his friends.

"Sure", Alex responded with a hint of disappointment, "But remember, Noona, some people are worth melting for"

"Wait, what?", Y/N frowned but Alex was already running back to the living room with the tub of ice cream in his hands.

She huffed out of the corner of her mouth, a strand of hair suspended momentarily in the air before flopping back down.

Although Alex confused her with his last words, she returned to the pressing matter.

How could she think of a miracle to happen like those Disney Princesses? Especially since she was certain that some of them actually do the work to get what they want like Merida.

She may not have a Prince of her own, but at least, she's bold enough to force through the demands of the people and doesn't care about it's consequences.

Although there's a chance of so many risk, Y/N remembers too that this real life wouldn't turn anyone to a bear but totally she doesn't want to be that lonely bear that was killed in the end.

Only if she will be killed, it's not of any Princess but of heartbreak if she didn't try.

She could not let that happen.

Y/N rushed back to her room and picked up her phone nervously, before punching on the speed dial for the familiar number.

Hesitation writhed in her stomach for an agonizing ten seconds before the beeping ceased. A background hum mixed with the Enhypen member's noise told her someone had answered.

Anxiety stole the air from her lungs, but she managed to ask, "Ni-ki, are you there?"

"Hello, Y/N"

● ● ☏ ● ●

disclaimer : those disney references was a kind of a hint for the next member to have a text au book.

who do you think it will be?