04 - ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ʀᴜɴ

~•~

You woke up earlier than everyone else and decided to make breakfast. Finishing up setting up the table and plates, you see Mitsuki walk in while stretching her arms out. Following after her was her husband who was yawning.

Mitsuki's eyes gleam with joy as she takes a sniff of the air. "It smells so good in here! Y/n, dear...you didn't have to do this." Her eyes scan the table, feeling guilty.

"It's the least I could do." You smile at her reassuringly. "Megumi is still sleeping and I was getting bored waiting for him to wake up."

Mitsuki joins her husband at the table and sits down. "That's weird, he usually gets up at this time. He must've not had enough sleep."

You take a sip of your coffee, "Oh trust me, he didn't."

Toji chuckles, thinking back to last nights events and how naive his wife is. Yet, he was curious by how calm you looked. You acted as if nothing ever happened between you and his son. How are you so good at pretending, he thought. If he never went down to get a glass of water last night, he probably wouldn't know about you and Megumi either.

"I'm hoping they used protection..." Toji shudders. He hated the thought of grandchildren, mainly because he hates kids in general. He's grateful he only has one child, an adult at that. He doesn't have to worry about taking care of his son when he is already capable of doing that himself. "He'll wake up soon," He joins in the conversation. "If not, then he's missing out on breakfast made by his girlfriend." Toji smiles at you.

As if being summoned, Megumi walks into the kitchen rubbing his eyes with his hand. "Morning." He mutters while walking over to you. His hands wrap around your waist pulling you in and giving you a kiss on the neck. You tilt your head to the side and giggle by his actions.

You lightly give him a punch to the stomach with your elbow. "Way to make it obvious," You whisper to him as you pour him a cup of coffee.

"Someone woke up in a good mood." Toji calls Megumi out. Mitsuki hums in agreement as she continues eating.

"What are you talking about? I'm always in a good mood." Megumi replies and pours himself coffee cream and sugar in his cup.

You turn around folding your arms together and raise an eyebrow. "Not when you're walking around with that resting bitch face all the time."

"Agreed." Both Mitsuki and Toji say in unison.

Megumi was left dumbfounded, "You cannot be talking."

"Excuse me?" You set your cup down and give him a glare.

"If a fight breaks out I'm not stopping Y/n." Toji takes the last bite of his food and gets up from the table. He picks up after his wife and begins to wash the dishes.

Mitsuki laughs as you and Megumi continue to argue over who has the worst resting bitch face. She couldn't move past the fact that she saw the both of you grow up and end up dating each other. Deep down she wishes for her son to propose to you already. It's clear to her that you both love each other very much. Unlike Toji, she loves children. So she wants some grandchildren of her own. But she knows she has to wait until you and her son are ready for that milestone.

"I am done arguing with you." You stop Megumi from saying another word. "I'm gonna go for a run."

"Mind if I join you?" Toji's deep voice interrupts you, drying his hands with a towel. "Haven't ran in a while and Megumi's lazy ass never wants to join me."

Megumi scoffs and sits down at the table to eat his plate of food. "Sure!" You give him a smile. "Let's see if you can catch up to me." You smirk at him.

Toji lets out a chuckle, patting your head. "I am not that old, dear. I have enough stamina." He winks. You hum and avert your attention to the clock. Telling Toji to get ready in a few minutes, you both agree to meet up outside.

After changing into your gym clothes, you reach up to move your hair out of the way. Toji walks out of the front door and closes it behind him. Your eyes move down to his white tank top, his muscles visible against the tight fabric. And his gym shorts, his calves built for running.

Toji took notice of you staring at him but decided not to say anything. "Ready?" He asks you, making you snap out of your thoughts. He stretches his arms out, and shakes his legs to prepare himself. His tank lifted slightly, exposing his v-line and his lower stomach.

You clear your throat and quickly look away. "Yeah." You stretch your arms and legs. As the both of you finish preparing yourselves you turn to Toji. "So how far do you run?"

"I mainly run up to five blocks from here, then I come back. Not that much," He says.

"Really? I thought you ran at the school track not far from here."

"You wanna run on the way there? I'll race you." He grins.

"It's on, old man..." You laugh, walking next to Toji.

Your chest heaves up and down as you catch up to Toji. He was sitting down on the bench patiently waiting for you. He walks up to you chuckling slightly. He folds his arms against his chest and leans down to your level. "All that shit talk and you still managed to lose. Never underestimate a full time ex military soldier, sweetheart." Toji chuckles.

You huff and pout, "Whatever, let's get started." He follows behind you, making your way to the track.

The two of you jogged around the track for thirty minutes, taking breaks in between. During the run, Toji would occasionally glance at your sweating figure. The sweat glistened against your skin, making it glow. He couldn't help but stare at the way your breasts bounced slightly from each step you took from running.

He can't deny the fact that you are gorgeous. In fact, he thought his son was lucky enough to land someone like you. He thought Megumi was going to stay single for the rest of his life.

You pant as you slow down your steps, coming to a stop. Toji quickly caught up to you.

"Tired already? We can stop here if you want," Toji affirms.

You nod and give him a thumbs up as you gulp down your bottle of water. You sigh, "Yeah that sounds good."

~•~

😏😏
how are you guys liking it so far? More stuff is on the way, I promise!