14 - ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴄᴛ

~•~

"If you already completed your nurse training, then instead of going to college you should start applying to hospitals. I'm sure they'll accept you in no time." Geto says, walking next to you. "I'm working at the Shibuya Hospital. I'm an assistant nurse as of right now but I'm still training to be a doctor."

You slapped yourself on the head, "I'm fucking stupid. You're right. I'm gonna be wasting my years if I apply here. This is why I love you." You grab his hand and smile at him.

He softly smiles back before it disappears as he looks down at your hand intertwined with his. "Yeah..."

"Can I ask you something, Y/n?" Geto asks you. "Have you ever felt anything towards me while we were serving?"

His question took you by surprise and it made you stare down at his hand. You let out a sigh before giving his hand a soft squeeze. "I did."

"Then what made you call it quits."

"All we ever did was hook up. It was never a serious relationship."

"I wanted it to be something serious though," Geto's voice sounded hurt. He wasn't going to cry but it did break his heart that you chose your relationship with Megumi over him. "You didn't even tell me about Megumi until I was done with my contract. Isn't that unfair to me? I thought you felt something towards me but you were only using me-"

"Using you?!" You interrupt him. You're the one who 'offered' to take my virginity. I just turned 18 at that time and you were 28, Geto.! If my stupid naive little mind would've thought about that-"

"Your brother sent you a letter." Geto interrupts you this time. "Yeah what I did was wrong, I can admit that. But it was consensual." He says, making sure to emphasize the last word. You read his letter didn't you? It had something to do with Megumi. He told you..."

You lean back into your chair and avoid eye contact with him.

"If you knew all along, why ask me to do this for you?" Geto asks, staring at his cup of coffee.

You didn't say anything but look to your right. Seeing two college students sitting by a window, talking and typing away in their laptops. Your heart was beginning to ache at the memory of reading Niko's letter. "Because I wanted to confirm it...I want to know if it was true."

"Y/n, all the signs are there! From what you've told me, of course he's fucking cheating on you!" He whisper-yells, but only loud enough so the two of you can hear.

Your eyes stared back into his and then moved down to the dog-tag necklace against his chest. "I don't even know why I'm telling you this." You start gathering your things, which was just your purse, and stand up to leave. "I should get going, I have somewhere to be."

He sighs, "You're gonna go see him aren't you?"

You check the time on your phone and see that Megumi sent a message an hour ago. To which it said that he was at work and that he'll be busy.

"Yeah, I am."

"Let me come with you," Geto gets up from his seat.

You raise your hand in front of you to stop him. "You really don't have-"

He grabs your hand, "Y/n, please." His eyes stare into yours, not too serious but serious enough to convince you. You look at your hands together and sigh, looking away. "Fine, let's go."

After parking your car in the visitor area, you and Geto walk inside the building called: Gojo Enterprises.