13 - ғɪʀsᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ

~•~

Your first encounter with Geto Suguru was when you graduated basic training, or in other words boot camp. He was one of the people who were there to supervise the upcoming rookies. It was his third year in the military and he did not want to go back to meet the new recruits. It reminded him of when he first started. However if he never showed up, he wouldn't have met you.

After the ceremony was over, your family decided to spend the rest of the day with you. It's been a few months since you've left and they wanted to make up for lost time.

"My lil sis is not so little anymore! You turned into such a badass!!" Your brother Niko, hugs you and pats your head, almost wanting to shed a tear. "I have to tell my husband that you made it!"

You give your older brother a smirk, "Aww look at you calling Hiroshi your husband already!" Niko only blushes at your remark and quickly looks away. You were disappointed that you weren't able to attend his matrimony with his boyfriend. But now you get to focus and catch up with your family on what you've missed.

Your mom was driving and smiles at the rear view mirror, enjoying her two adult children all grown up. "You should see the way this man shows off the ring Hiroshi bought him." She laughs at the sudden memory. "He would swing his hand around in everyone's face so they can see that he's married."

You laugh, "that's so like you." A smile appears on your face as you stare at your family. "I've missed you guys so much. These three months of summer felt so long. I don't know how I'll do it without seeing you guys for the next six years..."

"Well you better come visit us right away! I'll make sure to send you letters about us!" Niko exclaims, hugging you tightly.

"I promise I will."

Niko smiles at you before whispering in your ear. "It's okay if you don't visit us once you're done, you might have reasons to by that time. One more thing..."

You question him. "What is it?"

"I'll make sure to keep an eye out for that boyfriend of yours."

It was in the middle of a hot and humid summer. Everybody was forced to wake up early at six in the morning. They did their morning workout by running four miles around base. To say you were growing tired of running every morning was an understatement. You've wished for something more challenging. Something that can force you to work even harder than you already are.

"L/n!" A voice shouted.

You snap out of your thoughts and turn to the direction of the voice. It was Geto. You gulp at the sight of his serious face. He looked annoyed and irritated. You immediately stand up straight while saluting, "Yes sir!"

"What the hell are you doing?" He asks with a scowl.

You loosen up a bit and reply, "What do you mean?"

Suddenly Geto starts laughing, "I know I'm in a higher ranking than you but you don't have to call me 'sir' when we're alone. You know that right?"

You laugh awkwardly feeling embarrassed, "haha yeah, sorry I'm just used to it."

Geto dismisses it, "It's fine. But I'm here to check up on you." He walks closer to you. "I heard you've been passing all the challenges Sergeant Tadashi assigned to you."