12 - ᴀɴ ᴇx ᴄᴏᴍʀᴀᴅᴇ

~•~

"Long time no see Y/n," He says.

You stare at the man who you haven't seen in forever. You never expected to bump into him here. Then again he did leave early when you were just about to finish your third year in the military.

You nervously rub the nape of your neck, "Uh..yeah. How you been..?" You were unable to form a proper sentence. This man is able to make you nervous without even trying. It was like this when you first met him. He changed you, your thoughts, and the way you act.

"I've been great, but enough with the small talk. Let's catch up over some coffee, yeah?" Geto offers. You nod in response and he takes your hand. "Here, I'll show you a good place for coffee."

And before you could let go of his hand, he led you through the crowd. Later on he took you to a shop where many college students were at. Either working on their assignments with their laptop or hanging out with friends. The two of you sat down at an empty table. Geto offered to order and with you constantly saying you'll pay, he politely declined and offered to pay for your drink.

Here you are now, fidgeting with your fingers alone with your thoughts. You let out a sigh, "What the fuck do I do now..." you thought. You decided to be on your phone to pass time. As if on queue your phone dings and a message pops up on your screen.

Megumi

Where are you???
[read 1:44pm]

You rolled your eyes as you set your phone down. That must mean he's back from running his 'errands'. You didn't feel like replying back to him since he is the one that's always out and you never constantly text him where he's at; and for the smallest things too. Your phone rang again.

Megumi

Answer me Y/n.
[read 1:45pm]

"If this bitch doesn't stop." You curse out loud and silence his notifications. You heard a chuckle from behind and immediately, you felt the heat travel to the tip of your ears.

"Boyfriend bothering you?" Geto places the two cups of coffee on the table as he sat down.

You chew on your bottom lip, "it's complicated."

He tilts his head to the side, "You wanna talk about it?"

"In a bit. But how's everything with you? I haven't heard from you in forever!" You take the cup and take small sips enough to not burn your tongue.

"Well, if you really wanna know." Geto starts. "Remember how I told you that I wanna study to become a doctor someday?" You nod in response and let him continue. "After I left the army I started college here right away. I used the bonus they gave me to pay off any expenses. This is my third year here and so far it's been great."

"Are you trying to persuade me to coming here?" You lean in and smirk.

"Maybe. Is that a bad thing?" His lips curve up into a smile, but his eyes were staring back at you with different emotions.

You hum in thought, "Since you're here already and you know so much about this school, I think I'll transfer to in-person instead. Then, you can help me with my classes..." Your hand slide up his arm. Caressing it as you trace his tattoos with your fingers.

"So, where's your boyfriend?" Geto pulls his arm away, interrupting you from your thoughts.

"Way to ruin the moment," you scoff and turn your head to avoid looking at him.

"I'm serious Y/n," Geto leans in to look at you. "He's the reason you ended things with me."

No the two of you did not date. But it was a temporary thing. You thought back to when you last had a conversation with him. It was to put things to a stop. Which ended up with the two of you making up afterwards. If you know what I mean..

"Did you have to bring him up?" You respond and set your cup down.

"I mean, he is your boyfriend." Geto answers, leaning back into his chair. "What's going on between the two of you?"

"That's none of your concern,"

"C'mon Y/n, don't be like that." He says. "You can tell me anything. We used to be really close in the military..."

"If I find out you told someone I'll kill you." You lean into the table.

"It'd be an honor to get killed by a comrade." Geto smirks.

"Right...ever since I came back from the military, Megumi has been off. I'm not sure if it's because I haven't seen him in so long or if I'm just being paranoid. But I think he's been cheating on me during those six years of long distance." You continue, "He's always on his phone texting and recently he's been taking late shifts."

"I'm sorry to hear that," Geto mutters before intertwining his hand with yours. "If there's anything I could do to help, I'll gladly do it."

"I wanna know who he keeps texting." You rub his knuckles with your thumb. "And I need proof if he actually cheated or is cheating on me."

"Let me handle it babe," He uses his free arm to reach into his pocket for his phone. He hands it to you. "Just give me his phone number and leave the rest to me, yeah?" You nod in response and start to type down Megumi's number on Geto's phone. Once you hand it back to him he pushes it back. "You might as well give me yours too." He smiles.

"R..right," you were taken by surprise but you give it to him anyway.

"Why don't you join me in the tour? It'll be great to catch up some more." Geto says as you both stand up. "That way, you can tell me more about what's been going on with the two of you." He whispers the last sentence to you.

You nod, "that sounds good."

"Great," He smiles at you, eyes flicking down to your lips for a mere few seconds.

~•~

I will write about how you and Geto met, so stay tuned for next chapter ;) a lot of stuff will be spilt.!!