CHAPTER THREE

(Kegan's POV)

"Faye, my honey bun! Check this out!" Athena Edevane called out as she ran towards her new best friend. Yeah, you said it. Its revolting how fast the female species of humans could become best friends. It's as if everyone they meet are meant to be their friends. Something I would never want to or be able to understand. And it is sickening to see that their idea of friendship was to take a couple to fake selfies together and post on social media with even more fake words.

It has been a couple of days since the orientation week ended. Faye didn't show up to the orientation that day after I left her at the hideout. But she came on the next day and has been successful at avoiding me ever since. Well, I'll be truly honest here. I like being avoided. I like to remain alone and I hated any attention from others, especially what we get from the opposite sex.

The day we first met was uncanny. Even up till today, I still don't know the word to fully describe that day. The moment I met her eyes, I felt as if my world shifted. The anger that boiled within me dissipated without a hint. Like it never existed, at least not in front of her. She awoke emotions within me that were buried deep inside my heart. They escaped the cage that I built around them like they were made out of thin paper. Before I knew it, they were overflowing, just for the ethereal human being in front of me.

As I regained my senses, I realized what had come over me. And looking at the person in front of me, I knew she felt the same. I didn't know how, but I somehow knew the feeling was mutual. And I also knew for a fact that if she felt like that towards me, she was going to be a handful to stay away from. I knew this because deep down I knew I would have been that way if I wasn't who I was. But unlike my expectations, she was rather shy and timid. She seemed to be the kind of person who stayed away from any type of trouble. Well, not that I cared.

"Slow down, Athena! You might fall and hurt yourself." Faye replied, laughing a little.

Oh, that musical laughter! My heart skips a beat every time I hear it. And that sweet voice that I can never get enoug...

I forced myself out of the trance her voice put me in as I silently cursed under my breath. Her voice felt like a drug that I was addicted to without even knowing it myself. No matter how much I tried to fight it, I fell for it without realization. The feelings I never wanted to feel, crept out so easily.

Now, you might be wondering why I hurt her like that if I felt so strongly for her. Well, its quite simple actually. I just hated the female species of humans who grew more and more fake with every breath they took. I despised them every time I got reminded of the time my ex-girlfriend cheated on me with my best friend behind my back.

It was freshmen year of high school, when my best friend of 5 years betrayed me and left me. You should have seen their faces when I caught them on the act. That scene still haunted me every night as I tossed and turned on my bed while battling my insomnia. And after that, I have never trusted or gotten close to anyone around me. Well, you could say I have serious trust issues.

Thought that was the main reason I lashed out on Faye, what fueled my actions was just a simple text message. That day, before I stormed out of the room, I got a text message from the bitch from the past, telling me that she was pregnant with his child and they were to be married soon. She was the type of girl that loved and drowned herself in attention and tried to win mine even after she cheated on me. So, it was well obvious she would go for it in a situation like that. No matter how many times I blocked her number, she always found a way back to torturing me.

When I saw her text, my anger ran out of control as I dashed out of the room to calm down at the hideout. The place which I called the hideout was a secret spot I discovered a long time ago as a kid. My father was a close friend of the former owner of the university, so I had been here a lot with my father when I was little. And I discovered the hideout while I was running around exploring the campus one day. After that, I often spent time there while my father was spending time with his friend.