CHAPTER ELEVEN

(Kegan's POV)

When I reached home that evening, mother was waiting for me in the living room. She had called me earlier that evening when I was with Faye to tell me to buy some apple juice on the way home. It was my father's favorite drink and she wanted him to be happy and feel at home tonight.

She gave me a huge smile when I came in and took the juice bottle from me with a whispered thank you, before she ran back into the kitchen. She looked so excited that it made me feel really giddy and relieved. I smiled a little to myself before I went into my room to freshen up and change into something more comfortable.

Today wasn't a perfect day, but it was a happy day. Even though there was a little breakout with Faye, she took the initiative to fix it. Now that I think about it, if it was me, I would have hesitated on the thought of going and fixing a relationship. But that wasn't the case with Faye. Unlike me she was brave and she cared about our friendship enough to come fix it immediately. Thinking about that put me at ease.

Maybe it was really time I start putting effort to something other than my family. Maybe my mother was right. Maybe it was time I really started changing myself into a better person.

After changing into a comfortable sweater and carrot pants, I headed out to the kitchen to help my mother. When I got there, she was busy cutting the cheesecake she made. And when I got to her, I gave her a short back hug before taking my place next to her.

"What can I help you with?" I offered my help and she looked at me with the sweetest smile before replying.

"Help me arrange the table. I already took out the plates." She replied, pointing at the plates set she chose for tonight's dinner. She chose one of her favorite sets with lilies on it. You'd know it's a special occasion if she took them out.

After helping her arrange all the plates and food on the table, we headed out to the living room to wait for my father to come home.

"He just texted me. Said he will reach in 5 minutes." She smiled at her phone. Her excitement brought a smile on my face.

"Oh yeah, I was so excited about your father's return that I forgot to ask you about your day? How was your day? Did you make any new friends? How's Faye? Are you two close friends now?" Her excitement doubled after mentioning Faye.

"Mum, breath. One question at a time." I chuckled.

"You know I can't hold back my excitement. I'm curious!" She exclaimed while pouting her lips like a child.

"I know, I know. My day was fine. Had a little breakout with Faye today when she tried to help me get a new friend. But she came to me later and we both apologized so, everything's alright now." I said looking at my hands to avoid my mother's excited eyes.

"She tried to help you and you got mad at her? And you waited for her to come to you?" Her voice had more anger in it than shock. So, I looked back at her to see that she really was mad. "Why would you do that? She obviously tried to help you. That's so rude of you!"

"Mum, she introduced her friend to me. She wanted me to be friends with her when she knew I didn't like that girl. I knew I was wrong to get upset about it and make a her sad, but I really don't want another friend." I defended myself. With that being said, mother let out a long sigh.

"I thought you were going to listen to my advice and make new friends. So, what did she do wrong there?" She frowned.

"I didn't say I was going to make a lot of friends. I said I was going to be her friend. Only her." I pouted a little as I averted my eyes from her.

Mother smiled and opened her mouth to reply. But before she could reply, father came into the house with our butler Mr. Ross carrying his luggage. They were talking about his trip when mother ran to him and gave him a big hug. He embraced her back with a swirl and laughed at how cute she was behaving.