CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

(Athena's POV)

Monday morning was dull with clouds hiding the beautiful sky. But unlike the dull weather, I felt energetic and very excited for the day. I mean, I'm always an energetic person, but these days had been a bit different. Whenever I'm around him I feel different. It's like he's the fuel to my extra good moods.

But that's not all. It's this weird feeling I get, which got me baffled. Whenever he is around, I get so lost in him that I don't realize how time goes at all. It's like the time stops for both of us so we could spend more time together.

"What are you thinking about? You are so lost in thought." Faye said while packing her bag to leave class.

"Nothing?" It came out more like a question. It's not that I didn't want to tell her. I wanted to, but I kept hesitating. After all, I was the one who was the most annoyed and treated Aiden like crap in the beginning. And now that the things were changing, it felt weird to talk about him.

"I know you well, A. You are thinking about Aiden, aren't you?" Faye gave me a grin which made my jaw drop from shock.

"What?! How did you..." I was speechless. Yeah, I was thinking about him but how did Faye know? Was I being that obvious? Was I that easy to read?

"Who else would the carefree Athena think about? Whose attitude towards him changed from 0 to 10 in such a short time. You are not the only one who's observant." Her grin widened as we left the classroom.

"What are you guys talking about?" Kegan asked as he joined us from behind. He had been acting very normal these days. Instead of always staying silent, he would join our conversations or make conversations by himself. It was a very good thing and I was happy he was able to change so much because of Faye.

"Nothing!" This time, it didn't come out as a question. Thankfully.

"Okaayy." Kegan replied with suspicion in his eyes. Then he walked over to Faye's side took her hand in his. "How was class, love?" he asked as he planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Awesome. I loved today's lesson." Faye said with excitement. We had a very boring history lesson today but it seemed like me minus everyone enjoyed it.

"Me too."

"Seriously you guys. How can you enjoy history? It's extremely boring." I rolled my eyes as they both chuckled and shrugged.

We were at the parking lot when Faye asked me to hang out with her today.

"Why? You two should go on a date." I said as I put my bag inside my car and faced them.

"We have been out together all weekend. I want to hang out with you today. We have a lot to catch up on anyways." Faye grinned at me and winked as she said the last part. I knew what she was talking about and I wanted it too, but I didn't want to come between the new couple. I mean they just started dating recently so I wanted them to spend more time together for now.

"Yeah, you guys should spend time together today. I have been keeping Faye all to myself for days now. So, you both go have fun today. I'll also hangout with Aiden today. He's been bugging me about it all weekend." Kegan nodded as he agreed with her.

I looked back and forth between them before I replied.

"Okay awesome! I need some girl time anyways." I smiled brightly.

"Okay cool. I'll see you guys tomorrow then." Kegan gave me a small hug before he turned to Faye and pecked on her lips. "See you tomorrow, love."

I giggled inside as he waved us goodbye and walked to his car. Faye and I got into my car and got lost in the music as I drove to her house.