CHAPTER THIRTEEN

(Athena's POV)

It was early Tuesday morning and I got to an empty classroom. I put my backpack down and I took a seat at my table.

I was definitely early to the class considering it was still empty. I glanced at the clock on the wall and sighed when I saw the time. I was early, but there was nothing else I could do. I woke up really early and couldn't wait around in my house because it was Tuesday. Tuesday also meant that it was Prof. Arai's class which I was really looking forward to. It was by far my favorite class and I loved all the information he gave us regarding photography the past week. I was beyond excited for was he was going to teach us today and couldn't stay home when I was wide awake.

I was just thinking about the upcoming photoshoot I had booked for, when people finally started coming to the class. Clover was the first to enter, followed by her best friend Madelyn. When they saw me, they both came to my table to greet me.

"Wow, you are early to class for once." Clover exclaimed with a giggle. She had her long jet-black hair in a high ponytail. And her long bangs went right above her eyes, complimenting her doe obsidian eyes. She wore a figure-hugging mustard crop top with jean shorts, showing off her well-toned body.

"I know right. Oh, I know! It's because of Prof. Arai, isn't it? You couldn't wait to see him" Madelyn said dramatically while rolling her eyes. Unlike Clover, she had her light brown locks untied. And she wore a short dress which was the same color as her blue eyes.

"Yeah, very funny. But I'm not like you girls, drooling over Prof. Arai. I came early because we have a photography lecture today. You know how psyched I get for that." I said, pouting my lips.

"Boring! I definitely came early because of Prof. Arai. He is soo cute!" Clover said dreamily, cupping her face with both hands. That girl had been drooling over Prof. Arai since the first time she saw him. I mean I get it, he is cute but, this is love I'm talking about.

"You are so in love, Clo." Madelyn rolled her eyes. Then she turned to me. "She has been talking only about Prof. Arai for the past week. And she even made me wakeup so early so that we can come to his class early. I seriously don't understand what so exceptionally cute about him." She chuckled.

Clover and Madelyn have originally been best friends since high school and even lived next to each other. So, they always came to the classes together. But when they met Sky on the first day of orientation, they immediately clicked and became the coolest trio. They were the sweetest girls I have met apart from Faye, so it was really easy for us all to become good friends.

At that moment, Sky came into class with her boyfriend Aron while holding hands. They both said hi to me and headed to their seats with both Clover and Madelyn.

After I greeted them, I went back to thinking about the upcoming photoshoot again. It was a nature shoot with a new model which I haven't worked with yet. It was for an advertisement poster and the client had requested for it to look like it was taken in a forest. I already had dozens of ideas for this shoot, but I couldn't help but brainstorm for more ideas since I was so excited for this particular commission. I take on all kinds of shoots but my favorite has always been portrait photography so my creativity was never ending for this one.

I snapped out from my imaginary land when Faye came into the class, together with Kegan. A smile formed on my mouth as I watched them walk together and take their seats. I felt so happy for my introverted best friend who was finally coming out of her shell and blooming into a beautiful flower. She was very happy these days thanks to all the good things happening at the university and I was extremely happy for her.

"Good morning, jellybean!" I greeted her with extreme excitement. I couldn't help it since I felt so elated seeing her so bright and happy.

"Good morning, A. Wow, you are early today. Never in a million years would I have though this day would come." She teased me with a giggle and settled down in her seat.