CHAPTER THIRTY

After staying the whole weekend in the hospital room, I finally got to class on Monday morning. I wouldn't say that I felt better because I didn't. I still felt extremely sick and tired but I wasn't in much pain due to the medicine I have been taking. I had to literally beg my mother again to let me get back to classes. She was very against it since it was the second time I got hospitalized after returning to classes.

But then again, I wasn't going to give up on living my life during the little time I got left. So, she had to listen to me and let me go as I pleased.

I let out a sigh trying to ignore the familiar dizziness that nagged at my head as I listened to the lecturer. It was a theory class so there was a lot of explaining going on in the class which was literally giving me a headache. Now don't get me wrong. I loved all my classes, but I just felt really sick and couldn't focus even when I wanted to.

Athena kept asking me how I was feeling every 5 seconds and I just forced a smile and replied to her that I was fine. She has been extremely worried after the doctor reminded us it was not looking good this weekend in hospital. She knew I was slowly fading away and she hasn't been able to act like everything was okay after that.

Fawn on the other hand has been very silent, which was quite unlike herself. She always made us feel better with her sassy comments but today she was silent with a serious look on her face as she glanced at me from time to time. And it seemed like even Kegan felt the tension between us since he too kept glancing with a worried look quite often.

About thirty minutes into class, I felt too unwell to continue to sit in class. So, I decided to inform the professor and go to the doctor's office in the campus. That place had two trained doctors who were in charge of all the students on campus and one specific doctor which my mother has placed there for me. So, I knew it was the best idea to go to her and get some treatment since I was feeling really unwell. Athena wanted to join me at first but I assured her that I will be just fine in the hands of Dr. Steele.

I was halfway there when a hand grabbed mine and turned me around. The touch alone made sparks run through my whole body and I knew who it was before I met his eyes.

"I need to talk to you about something." Kegan announced with an anxious expression on his face.

"What? Right now?" A knot formed between my eyebrows as he nodded and dragged me to the hideout while still holding my hands.

I didn't try to decline his request since I would give anything to spend some time with him. For a moment, I completely forgot how I was feeling as butterflies formed in my stomach. I gasped a little as realization hit me about the party. What if he remembered what happened that night? The confession I made to him while I stayed in his arms and cried my eyes out. No, that can't happen. It just can't.

"What is it? Is it about the party night?" I asked as soon as we were in the hideout. I fiddled with my fingered as my heartbeat raised from suspense.

"Party night? Did something happen at the party?" He furrowed his eyebrows and asked with concern. "I'm sorry, I don't really remember anything. If there was something, please tell me."

"No, not really. Nothing really happened." I let out the breath I was holding and avoided his eyes as the images of our kiss ran through my mind. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

Kegan let out a long sigh and faced me. He looked nervous and scared for some reason and I couldn't help but tilt my head in curiosity.

"I guess everything has not changed. You still tilt your head when you get curious." He stared deep into my eyes while he spoke. "I uh... I know it's not the best time, but I just wanted to let you know how I feel about you."