CHAPTER SEVEN

(Athena's POV)

Getting to Faye's house took around an hour. I was extremely excited for the day that I ended up packing a little too much. I loved spending time with her at her house, but it was the first time she invited me for a night over. So, I ended up spending way too much time getting ready for the day.

When I finally arrived her house, Faye was waiting outside for me. She had a huge smile plastered on her face as she welcomed me with a quick hug. She looked completely different from how she looked in the morning. The tired and hopeless look in her eyes were replaced with happiness and a smile that reached her eyes. She was gleaming and I couldn't feel happier about it.

This made me immensely curious. I wanted badly to know what brought the change to her spirit in just an hour. And I deeply hoped it had something to do with her problem with Kegan, because I really didn't want to see her with those negative emotions ever again.

After I kept my heavy loaded bad in her room and settled down on one of her beanbag chairs, I looked out the huge window beside me. The day began sunny and bright, but at that moment it was dull with all the clouds that had rolled in. It didn't rain but it was getting darker and darker as the time went by. So, her room felt quite cozy with the little light that came from the window.

Her room wasn't as big as I had initially expected. I mean, the mansion she lived in was huge, so I expected her room to be just as huge. The floor was on two levels within the room, with the bed on the higher level. There was a single step that led down to the lower level that sported a sofa, few beanbag chairs and a medium sized coffee table. The huge fluffy rug beneath it was laid casually on the white wood-paneled flooring.

The walls were painted with creamy colors with the accent wall behind the bed a beautiful wall paper. Along the walls stood her study table, a pine wood easel and a beautiful white upright piano. She had also decorated the whole room with her books, artworks and warm fairy lights. The balcony that was right beside where I sat was decorated with a sofa, comforters and warm lighting. Overall, her room was all about comfort and I loved it.

I was completely lost in thought, when Faye came into the room with two hot chocolates. She offered me one as she sat down next to me. She looked happy. Her face so easy to read like an open book. I wanted to know the whole story but I didn't want to ask her directly, so I started talking about random things before I got to the main topic.

We talked about college and all the projects we would be doing before we switched to boys. We talked about the cute boys in class including our art professor, Prof. Arai. I know right, It's weird. But he is so cute not to be included in that list. We also had a few other cute boys in our class like Kegan, Aron Blake and Macer Reed. Though we haven't really got to know most of the students in our class, Aron and Mace's little group of friends have been quite close and friendly with us during the past week.

The whole mood changed as soon as Faye looked down shyly. She kept playing with her hand like she wanted to say something and I knew she was finally thinking of how to bring the topic up.

"Is it about Kegan?" I smirked knowing fully she would blush at his name. And I turned out to be completely correct as she blushed hard with wide eyes.

"Wha-aat? H-how did you know?" She stuttered wide eyed. I giggled at her lovable reaction.

"Well, it kind of looked obvious to me. You two staring at each other one minute and avoiding each other the next minute. And your mood swings are pretty obvious too." I said laughing a little. "So, what's really going on between you two?"

"Umm. Well, I'm not sure about how to start." She replied with her index finger on her chin, thinking about how to begin.

"How about from when you first met him?" I suggested, getting ready to hear the story.