CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

(Kegan's POV)

I walked through the crowd, squeezing in and out from groups of people. I hated crowds but I decided to come to the party because of Faye. After I heard she got sick and got admitted to the hospital, I had gone to the hospital as soon as Athena told us. I was so worried and all I could think of was how much I needed to see her and make sure she was okay.

When I went there, I asked the reception where she was and they told me to go to the third floor. And as soon as I reached there, I heard this beautiful piano melody that drew me into the cafeteria which was on that floor. And in front of the piano, sat my sweet Faye, playing her heart out with the brightest smile on her face. I watched her until she finished playing and went back home.

So, when they mentioned about the party, I was just worried about her since she just got better and involuntarily said I'd go. And now I'm just stuck here while she flirts with that motherfucker. So, I decided to leave her and get to a place with some space.

I exhaled in relief as I found a balcony with a few people in it. Even though there were some people, it wasn't crowded and I could breathe. I was enjoying the night sky and the breeze when someone tapped on my shoulder. And I turned around to meet eyes with the bitch I hated the most.

My first thought was to get the hell away from there as fast as possible since I was in no mood to deal with her. So, I followed my decision and tried to walk the hell out of that place when Phoebe stopped me by grabbing on to my hands.

"Kegan, wait. Please! There's something I want to tell you. And I promise it won't take long and I'll leave you after that." She said in a rush to stop me from leaving.

Well, I would have honestly ignored her and left her but she sounded different from how she normally spoke to me. She sounded urgent and desperate so decided to hear her out at last minute. I was already broken enough. What more harm could she do?

"Speak. You only get ten minutes." I gritted it through my teeth.

"Thank you!" She gave me a sad smile and I went back to leaning on to the balcony bar. "First of all, I just wanted to apologize to you for everything I did. I know now, how much of a bitch I have been to you and everyone else. I'm really sorry."

"Is this another kind of tactic to play with me again?" I scowled at her.

"No, it's not. I promise you. First let me tell you a bit about what has happened so that you'll understand why I'm apologizing. Well, actually Cammy left me a while after we graduated from high school. I was pregnant during graduation and we decided to get married after we graduate. But then around two months later, I had a miscarriage. We both took it really hard and he paused our wedding plans because of that.

But then a few months later, he just flat out broke up with me out of nowhere. We weren't even having problems other than the sadness of losing our baby. Everything else was okay but he still broke up with me saying he doesn't love me anymore and that I lost our child. I didn't understand any of it and went literally crazy. That's when I started texting you for attention and everything. I was just too broken and needed someone by my side and you were the only one I could think of.

And I'm genuinely sorry for putting you through that. And I'm also really sorry for cheating on you back then. I was just really young and naïve and the only thing that mattered to me was popularity and attention. And you just happened to be really popular back then and you just happened to also like me. I never thought I'll end up falling in love your best friend. I should have just told you from the beginning instead of cheating on you and getting found out like that. You lost everything because of me. And I can't tell you how sorry I am about everything." She cried and she explained everything and apologized.